Sales Development Representative
Hello, Toronto! We are beyond excited to open our first office outside of San Francisco and are looking for the right people to join us in our new city.
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
We’re looking for a driven Sales Development Representative to join our growing team. As an SDR, you are the first point of contact for all of Lever’s sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for Lever’s product while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your counterparts on the Account Executive team. You’ll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup and the in and outs of sales.
BUILD YOUR CAREER
We believe the SDR role is one of the best ways to get your foot in the door at a leading startup. We invest in and train our team--in the past six months alone our SDRs have gone on to close six figure deals, manage teams of their own, run implementations for new customers, and own marketing analytics for the entire company.
Lever’s Sales Development team is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds--we’re seasoned salespeople, whip-smart new grads, and even a few former recruiters. We are charged with kicking off conversations with qualified leads and working with companies of all kinds, from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits to help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human. Learn more about Sales at Lever from some members of the team.
THE SKILL SET
- 1 or more years experience in a phone sales role as part of a SaaS or B2B company OR a driven and eager to learn new grad who thrives in fast paced, constantly-changing environments
- The ability to proactively engage new clients through email and phone
- A consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, and there are no scripts at Lever
- The skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit of the Lever platform
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover issues with a prospect’s current recruiting process
- A team-player attitude with a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- A desire to learn, grow, and get in on the ground floor of a top startup while launching your career
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Participate in Lever's Ramp Camp where you'll learn about our company, product and all the different teams we have at Lever
- Dive right in to our sales training and quickly start developing an understanding of our perfect customer and basic qualifying criteria for the product. Absorb tons of details about our product space for a speedy ramp up
- Start jumping into the day to day of an SDR. Everything from learning to navigate our sales tools to lots of role play practice - you'll start developing a skillset to help drive consultative, quality conversations with customers
- Learn the Lever sales process and be completely at-home in our Salesforce environment
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Own your numbers -- hit your ramp goals on phone call metrics, and lead conversions you generate.
- Become a tight-knit, well-oiled machine with Account Executives, where you will create assist records.
- Put on your investigative hat and use all available tools and data sources to research important details about leads (companies’ latest venture capital funding, hiring goals, stakeholders etc.)
- Take initiative to help marketing convert their efforts into leads for the sales team
- Become Lever experts to confidently speak to product features and the value of bringing collaborative hiring to any company looking to grow
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Effortlessly fold in cold outreach to your routine where you can jump into a phone conversation with anyone - even C-level executives - while consistently meeting your numbers
- Tap into the knowledge you’ve been building to discover totally new sources of leads that we can reach out to
- Represent Lever at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events
- Step up as a leader to the new team members
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Become a senior member of the team, helping onboard, train and mentor your peers
- Prove to us that you’re ready for the next step in your career to take on new opportunities in a closing role or explore roles on teams throughout Lever
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.