Senior Customer Operations Manager
Customer Experience and Solutions
Lever is looking for a Customer Experience Operations manager who can manage the day-to-day field operations and execute on projects that increase the effectiveness of our customer success and delivery teams.
As a member of the Revenue Operations team, you’ll be instrumental in supporting our quickly growing Customer Experience and Solutions organization (“CXS”) and building out the systems and processes that will drive Lever to the next level. Every day will bring new challenges and require cross-functional collaboration to solve problems like owning and improving our professional services tracking and delivery, gross margins, renewal forecasting process, balancing account portfolios across the team, analyzing customer metrics and renewal performance, and enabling our team to keep customers happy.
This is an opportunity to be directly involved in Lever’s customer organization and act as a thought partner for our CXS team. In this role you will use your prior professional services, account management, and revenue operations experience and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done. You’ll need the ability to communicate at a senior level and have a knack for taking complex processes and rearranging them into more efficient models. You’ll identify ways we can use technology to scale our team and remove bottlenecks from our sales process to accelerate our growth.
Lever’s CXS organization is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds--we’re seasoned professional services, delivery, support, and account management professionals. We’re responsible for partnering with companies of all kinds, from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits, to make them successful and help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of operations experience with strong exposure to B2B go-to-market strategy, customer operations, and professional services delivery.
- Background in management consulting, strategy or an operational / growth role within a technology company.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas concisely.
- Ability to remove your own roadblocks and invent alternative methodologies that open up new pathways forward.
- Expert level proficiency with Salesforce and Excel required, bonus points for experience with SQL, Intercom, Zendesk, Marketo, Salesforce CPQ, Outreach, and other sales tools.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Attend Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding program, and complete a starter project with your class; present findings / project to relevant stakeholders and follow up as necessary.
- Participate in our Sales and CXS Ramp Camp, our branch of onboarding developed specifically for the sales and CXS teams.
- Learn about the suite of Lever products and be able to discuss the Lever origin story and understand the decisions and intentions that shaped the product as it is currently.
- Onboard with the Operations team to learn about our instance of Salesforce, our automated processes and workflows, and how our sales and customer data is organized. You’ll use this knowledge in your day to day work to make recommendations on process improvements.
- Meet the Customer Success organization through a series of 1:1s so you can partner effectively with them and learn about our customer lifecycle.
- Build your OKRs to set goals and track your career growth; present this to the Director of Revenue Operations and use this tool to measure your success moving forward.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Become an expert on our customer lifecycle and understand how our CS team onboards and manages their accounts, delivers professional services, supports customer happiness, and finds growth in their account portfolio.
- Build metrics and dashboards to monitor the utilization, capacity, and success of our implementation and delivery services team.
- Build metrics and dashboards in Salesforce to monitor team performance, forecast and pipeline trends, and territory performance.
- Build metrics and dashboards to monitor product usage and other key indicators of customer health for use by our CXS team.
- Own our renewals forecasting process and develop dashboards in Salesforce (or other tools) to monitor renewal confidence, pipeline health and other metrics.
- Use the data from your dashboards to participate in monthly go-to-market meetings with customer success leaders to review team performance, renewal and upsell trends, and proactively identify issues and propose solutions to improve our renewal process.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Partner with our Director of Sales Enablement to develop an onboarding program for new customer success managers to decrease time to productivity.
- Work with our Customer, Operations, and Finance teams to document and codify our Rules of Engagement into a singular reference point for business processes, workflows, glossary of terms, tips and tricks, and sales policies.
- Establish a set of activity, pipeline and pacing metrics for use at an individual customer success manager level to measure portfolio health and partner with Customer Success leadership roll out the program across the teams.
- Work cross-functionally with our Customer, Finance, and Deal Desk teams to build a program to migrate our 3,000+ customers to our updated product packaging and pricing as they come up for renewal.
- Establish a set of activity, utilization, and success metrics for use at an individual implementation specialist level to measure the effectiveness of new customer onboarding programs.
- Develop programs to measure Customer NPS and build models for scoring account health, growth potential, and churn risk so our customer success managers can prioritize their activities and accounts.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Develop a customer playbook to reduce process redundancies and help build repeatable processes that impact Lever’s renewal and upsell goals. Instill operational rigor of our customer motions across both our SF and Toronto offices.
- Identify, scope, and execute on projects that increase effectiveness and reach of our Customer organization and help our teams achieve their customer focused goals.
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing team to build a set of marketing programs designed for our existing customer base. Partner with our analytics team to measure the efficacy of these programs.
- Work on the FY22 Operating Plan to build a model for our continued sales growth.
- Chart your individual growth plan for FY22 to continue growing your career at Lever and share with VP of Revenue Operations
- Continuously evolve your initiatives to meet the ever-changing needs of Lever’s business and customer base.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.