Engineering – Engineering
Hello, Toronto! We are beyond excited to open our first office outside of San Francisco and are looking for the right people to join us in our new city.
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
Our new Quality Assurance (QA) Lead position is a pivotal role which will establish Lever’s QA team, practices and standards. You’ll onboard and mentor a small team of manual testers, as well as bring in appropriate tools. You’ll continue to push testing towards automation, utilizing the best QA frameworks and working closely with Engineering to prioritize what tests should be built.
Our team is a thoughtful bunch that cares about code quality and design thinking. We value transparency and believe in fostering an inclusive, collaborative, helpful team environment. We're always looking for ways to do better for our customers, the product, and for the team: #continuous-improvement.
We’re looking for a QA Lead who can be nimble, both improving and iterating on our practices and introducing new standards. You’ll collaborate with product operations and engineering, who are passionate about product quality and care deeply about testing and user experience. You’ll put in place the tooling required to measure and ensure high quality quarterly releases.
We’re looking for someone with hands on experience, who can mentor a team to create high quality test plans and test cases. With help from our engineers, you’ll also influence and improve our automated testing practices.
As we onboard bigger customers and continue to evolve our hiring product, you’ll guide your team to execute with efficiency, consistency, and, above all, empathy. That’s the Lever way.
You’ll join a broader team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly improve their knowledge of infrastructure, systems, and cares about minimizing downtime. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things--automation, friendly chat bots, creating a great hiring experience, and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
Read about what our team values and why here.
THE TECH STACK
Read more about The Lever Tech Stack from our Software Engineer, Eric Hwang.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Lever’s new-hire training week (a.k.a. Ramp Camp), and learn what it means to build a powerful recruiting platform.
- Meet with cross-functional peers around the company to learn how the organization functions.
- Introduce and implement industry QA best practices to the team.
- Select and implement a Test Management Tool.
- Develop the defect reporting standards the team will utilize. Empower your team to report issues in a clear, concise and informative manner.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Establish a test plan for the next quarterly release.
- Actively participate in product and engineering design meetings to ensure that requirements are clearly defined and testable.
- Become an expert on the product: investigate and document bugs and contribute to prioritization of feature requests.
- Provide mentoring to manual testers in their progress on business and personal career goals.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Ensure that the QA mentality is even stronger within Engineering and across the company.
- Work with the engineering and product teams to bake testing into the development process.
- Establish test automation standards and metrics; work with engineers to identify and close automated test gaps.
- Identify strategic and productivity initiatives to improve quality & velocity; drive execution and desired outcome.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies.
Under the hood, we're a technology company with a powerful open-source web framework: DerbyJS. It is the first and only open-source MVC framework that syncs all data via an Operational Transformation backend, using the same algorithm that powers Google Docs. DerbyJS is also uniquely optimized to render everything on the server as well as the client.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion. or learn more about what Lever Engineering is up to on the Engineering Blog.