Senior Sales Operations Manager
General and Administrative
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever is looking for a Senior Sales Operations Manager who can manage the day-to-day field operations and execute on projects that increase the effectiveness of our sales force.
As a member of the Sales Operations team, you’ll be instrumental in supporting our quickly growing Sales organization and building out the systems and processes that will drive Lever to the next level. Every day will bring new challenges and require cross-functional collaboration to solve problems like owning and improving our forecasting process, creating sales territories, analyzing sales performance, and improving our sales effectiveness.
This is an opportunity to be directly involved in Lever’s sales organization and act as a thought partner for our Sales Leadership team. In this role you will use your prior sales and revenue operations experience and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get things done. You’ll need the ability to communicate at a senior level and have a knack for taking complex processes and rearranging them into more efficient models. You’ll identify ways we can use technology to scale our team and remove bottlenecks from our sales process to accelerate our growth.
Lever’s Sales organization is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds--we’re seasoned sales people, whip-smart new grads, and even a few former recruiters. We’re responsible for partnering with companies of all kinds, from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits, to make them successful and help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human.
THE SKILL SET
- 6+ years of operations experience or sales experience with strong exposure to B2B go-to-market strategy.
- Background in management consulting, strategy or an operational / growth role within a technology company.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas concisely.
- Ability to remove your own roadblocks and invent alternative methodologies that open up new pathways forward.
- Expert level proficiency with Salesforce and Excel required, bonus points for experience with SQL, Marketo, Salesforce CPQ, Outreach, and other sales tools.
- Knowledge of sales frameworks like Challenger, Command of the Message, SPIN Selling.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Attend Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding program, and complete a starter project with your class; present findings / project to relevant stakeholders and follow up as necessary.
- Participate in our Sales Ramp Camp, our newest branch of onboarding developed specifically for the sales team.
- Learn about the suite of Lever products in Sales Ramp Camp; be able to discuss the Lever origin story and understand the decisions and intentions that shaped the product as it is currently.
- Onboard with the Operations team to learn about our instance of Salesforce, our automated processes and workflows, and how our sales and customer data is organized. You’ll use this knowledge in your day to day work to make recommendations on process improvements.
- Meet the Sales Leadership team through a series of 1:1s so you can partner effectively with them and learn about our sales process.
- Build your Individual Impact Plan to set goals and track your career growth; present this to the Director of Revenue Operations and use this tool to measure your success moving forward.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Become an expert at our sales process and understand how our sales team interacts with prospects to successfully convert them to customers.
- Build metrics and dashboards in Salesforce to monitor sales rep performance, forecast and pipeline trends, and territory performance.
- Own our new business forecasting process and develop dashboards in Salesforce (or other tools) to monitor pipeline development and other metrics.
- Participate in monthly go-to-market meetings with sales and marketing leaders to review team performance, sales trends, and proactively identify issues and propose solutions to improve our sales process.
- Review our FY20 Compensation Program for the New Business team and lead the design, recommendations, and cost modeling of proposed changes for FY21.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Partner with our Director of Sales Enablement on programs to decrease rep ramp time and build a scorecard to assess sales rep progress while ramping.
- Work with our Sales Leadership, Operations, and Finance teams to document and codify our Rules of Engagement into a singular reference point for business processes, workflows, glossary of terms, tips and tricks, and sales policies.
- Establish a set of activity, pipeline and pacing metrics for use at an individual sales rep level to measure pipeline creation and health and partner with sales leadership to roll out the program across the teams.
- Develop a sales playbook to reduce process redundancies and help build repeatable processes that impact Lever’s new logo sales goals. Instill operational rigor of our sales process across both our SF and Toronto offices.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Identify, scope, and execute on projects that increase sales force effectiveness and help our sales teams achieve their revenue goals.
- Work cross-functionally with our marketing team to refresh our sales territories and run analysis to ensure they’re balanced across sales segments and account executives for the following year.
- Work on the FY22 Operating Plan to build a model our continued sales growth.
- Chart your individual growth plan for FY22 to continue growing your career at Lever and share with Director of Sales Operations
- Continuously evolve your initiatives to meet the ever-changing needs of Lever’s business and customer base.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.