Senior Product Manager
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space.
Recruiting is a hot market, growing 12-15% y/y on its own, and applicant tracking systems like Lever are in high demand. At the same time, hiring has never been more competitive and costly, making talent solutions that improve a company’s hiring ROI incredibly valuable.
Design is one of Lever’s core competencies, and we believe that bringing well-designed user-experiences to the workplace will be the key to displacing the stale and broken status-quo of enterprise software. Built from the ground-up with user-centered design methodology and principles, Lever is the only hiring software that is mobilizing entire companies such as Netflix, Eventbrite, and Yelp to effortlessly collaborate on hiring. By designing to engage not only recruiters but also managers and other crucial stakeholders, we’re able to make hiring faster, higher-quality and more deeply embedded into a company’s core culture.
As a Product Manager, you will own product features from conception to launch. You will excel at cross-functional collaboration and work with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer success to deliver value to users through product launches. You will seamlessly flow between high-level strategic planning and day-to-day project execution. You will set and achieve ambitious goals on growth, adoption and engagement, helping the company both define and achieve its success.
We’re building a world-class product-first organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative, someone who will play a critical role in driving our success.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide onboarding bootcamp where you will learn about Lever’s values, business, and product
- Shadow at least one customer interaction per week. Across Sales, Support, and User Research, you will understand how Lever’s users of today and tomorrow use the product
- Meet with the Engineering team to get to know Lever’s technology stack and how it allows us to build great product.
- Meet with Sales Engineering and Customer Success to understand how the product is positioned and used.
- Have directed one-on-ones with members of other teams to understand how each organization at Lever contributes to the overall success
- Participate in a fully-formed product development team as they take a feature to market
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Launch a product feature from start to end as the primary owner. You will work with Leadership, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Success to design, build, and launch the right MVP.
- Identify key success metrics for the feature and take ownership for evangelizing the feature with all Lever stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering to track velocity and accuracy of engineering estimates and put in place a feedback process for learning an improving team execution.
- Close a key strategic deal with the Sales team. You will help prospects map their current and future needs to Lever’s product offering and roadmap
- Draft internal documentation on the launch strategy for a new feature in collaboration with Marketing
- Report on the outcomes of one of your product launches. You will discuss how well goals and hypotheses were met, and what learnings to use in the next launch
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Establish, track, and report progress on product metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company
- Contribute deep product knowledge and insight during product roadmap and strategy discussions
- Make critical product decisions that optimize for Lever’s best interest against the concerns of multiple stakeholders. You will bring along the entire team along with you in your decision
- Own and drive a major, complex cross-functional product effort. You will enforce the correct scope, flag risks, and coordinate stakeholders
- Perform a metric-based analysis on a product area to understand how widely it is adopted, by what types of users, and if there are any fall-offs in the work flows. You will use this to inform product design and roadmap decisions
- Attend an external industry event where you will evangelize Lever’s product and mission
- Be able to advocate/defend the Product Org’s views of what is right—even if it comes to conflict/disagreement with CEO—with professionalism, maturity, and a balanced, holistic view of any competing viewpoints
- Educate, mentor and train team members across the entire company on product methodology and philosophy
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.