Engineering – Engineering /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as a top place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Lever is proud to be a part of Toronto’s growing tech community, and we are continuing to invest in growing our team in Canada. Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
The Developer Support role, combined with the developer platform we’re actively building, will be the catalyst for Lever to enable hundreds of integrations -- and thus addressing some of greatest customer needs. Lever is one of many essential tools in our customer’s HR tech stack. Enabling these integrations will eliminate the back and forth, the manual data entry, and the inefficient processes. From sourcing to offer generation, Lever is committed to streamlining the way our customers work, thus reducing the time to hire exceptional talent.
Our team is a thoughtful bunch that cares about design thinking and building for the long term. We value transparency and believe in fostering an inclusive, collaborative, helpful team environment. We're always looking for ways to do better for our customers, the product, and for the team: #continuous-improvement.
We’re looking for a Developer Support person who can be nimble as we are. Our ideal candidate is highly-motivated and detail-oriented. You’re passionate about people as much as you are about understanding and solving problems. You have a natural fluidity and thoughtfulness to your written and verbal communication with developers. On top of that, you’re incredibly organized, handling multiple responsibilities at the same time without letting a single ball drop.
You have a solid foundation in technical writing, and you will strive to understand our partner and developer needs. You’ll provide engineering direction to developers and develop patterns to minimize the interactions required to enable them to create consistent and streamlined customer experiences. You’ll proactively identify product and process improvements and collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to prioritize them. You’ll be joining a growth-stage startup, and you’ll learn how to navigate and manage our internal systems, see how a scaling company grows, and be a part of the next chapter of Lever.
As we onboard partners and developers and continue to evolve our hiring product, you’ll execute with efficiency, consistency, and, above all, empathy. That’s the Lever way.
You’ll join a broader team where everyone—including you—is striving to constantly improve their knowledge. We are an incredibly supportive team–we love to pitch in when problems arise and give great peer feedback to help each other grow. We are passionate about lots of things--automation, friendly chat bots, creating a great hiring experience, and a great user experience--and we love sharing those passions with each other.
You’ll be working as part of our API and Integrations R&D team and receive mentoring from our engineers. Our perfect team member has a customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy. You have past experience using scripting languages to build out tools to make your work and the work of others easier. You are comfortable digging into our API and have your own favorite tools for accessing REST-based web services and editing data in common data formats like JSON. You’ve wrestled with complex datasets before either using MongoDB, SQL, or Excel. More importantly, you have a natural curiosity and aptitude for technology and can quickly learn how to use new tools (most importantly Lever!).
Read about what our team values and why here.
Past experience in software development, technical writing and possibly technical customer support (email, phone, chat or live) is definitely a plus. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
For qualified applicants, this role is being supported by the Digital Skills for Youth Wage Subsidy.
THE SKILL SET
- Background or education in software engineering/computer science
- Experience working with APIs to build simple applications
- Experience managing customer interactions effectively
- Clear/concise technical written communication skills
- Proven track record of demonstrated ability to deep dive to find solutions
- Previous B2B SaaS and enterprise software experience
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Learn about Lever and about the recruiting space, gaining an understanding of our product and how partners integrate with it.
- Dive into Lever’s technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions.
- Learn how to access and use all internal tools, including Slack, JIRA, Lever Admin, Chrome Console, Auth0.
- Enable and verify your first partner integration!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Become a Lever API expert through pairing and developer interaction, building a solid understanding of each feature and best practices for how to use them; be able to provide creative solutions and recommendations.
- Publish technical documentation to enable developers to be successful creating high quality integrations with Lever: documentation, user guides and tutorials targeting multiple use-cases.
- Spot trends and proactively identify product and process improvements. Work with our Product teams using JIRA to contribute to prioritization of feature requests through providing customer feedback.
- Consistently provide fast, accurate and personalized technical support for developers newly integrating with our platform or updating an existing integration.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Drive partner and vendor success by consistently providing direction to their developers and product managers.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback on ongoing projects.
- Test and validate new APIs; develop a beta program.
- Increase the number of integrations Lever support to 100! Proactively reach out to partners.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Identify strategic and productivity initiatives to improve quality & velocity of the integrations we enable.
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase the number of integrations implemented by 3rd party developers.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies.
Under the hood, we're a technology company with a powerful open-source web framework: DerbyJS. It is the first and only open-source MVC framework that syncs all data via an Operational Transformation backend, using the same algorithm that powers Google Docs. DerbyJS is also uniquely optimized to render everything on the server as well as the client.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion. or learn more about what Lever Engineering is up to on the Engineering Blog.