A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
As Lever’s Business Intelligence Engineer you will work on a variety of analytics projects, both customer facing and internal.
Analytics is a key component of the modern recruiting stack. You might alternate between helping to build new analytics features for the core Lever product and tackling cross functional projects across People Ops, Customer Success, Recruiting, Engineering, Sales... with the mission of unlocking business value through data analysis and visualization.
Your will be owning our internal BI strategy and tools, facilitate high bandwidth conversations across teams and stakeholders and bring rigor and insights to our business decisions. You should have a strong passion for data, analytics, insights and technology and a desire to have a broad impact.
Examples of a few things you might work on:
How to best represent how long it takes to hire a candidate, and identify bottlenecks in the process?
Which bugs have the largest impact on our customer retention?
Which features contribute the most to our user engagement?
Which events should we instrument to get a sense for the success of a new feature launch?
What is the most effective marketing channel to reach and close medium size businesses?
In this position you will be manipulating large, disparate datasets and build easy-to-digest BI dashboards, reports and analysis. The position will be a core technical contributor to the team with deep expertise in combining disparate data sources (e.g., via SQL and API calls) and building accessible dashboards to drive business outcomes.
We’re building a world-class product-first organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. You’ll join a growing team of dedicated, smart product managers, engineers, and designers - each owning a portion of the platform, but working together to solve our clients’ needs. Lever has grown internationally with teammates in SF, Toronto, and Bogota.
THE SKILL SET
- Excellent fluency with SQL (any dialect will do, we use Postgres and Redshift)
- Strong experience with ETL and Data Warehouse systems
- Hands-on experience in database / systems administration
- Experience with data manipulation/processing, preferably in Python (e.g., with Pandas)
- Demonstrable experience with data visualization
- Knowledge of ML is not required but appreciated
- 5 years business analysis, business intelligence experience or equivalent
- Solid hands-on experience with at least one BI tool (Tableau, Qlikview, Looker)
- Proficient user of source code repository (GitHub)
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners, engineers, and analysts
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Lever’s new-hire training week (a.k.a. Ramp Camp), and learn what it means to build a powerful recruiting platform
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Learn Lever’s product and business.
- Map our data sources and business processes.
- Identify growth opportunities for how Lever uses data.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Build a new reporting feature for Lever’s product.
- Finish a cross functional analysis project to improve a business process at Lever.
- Partner with product and engineering to improve our data infrastructure and metrics collection leading to improved insights.
WITHIN 9 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Present conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership for strategic opportunities.
- Identify product recommendations and insights to empower key stakeholders to better meet our customers’ needs.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.