Digital Acquisition Manager
The Digital Acquisition Manager is leading the charge in taking our advertising and conversion rate optimization efforts to the next level. We are looking for an experienced digital marketer to manage our advertising and conversion efforts, and how they thread through our overall digital strategy. This includes management of ad platforms, day-to-day optimization of campaigns, agency and vendor management, A/B testing to improve CRO, assisting with SEM strategy, and the integrated project management of various digital marketing initiatives. The Digital Acquisition Manager will work cross-functionally with the entire marketing team to regularly report the health and progress of our digital advertising initiatives, synthesize statistical feedback into concrete recommendations and hypotheses, support the digital marketing team in areas of UX/web strategy/SEO, and avidly experiment with new approaches to push the needle on optimizing our lead generation - helping pursue Lever’s goal of changing the way that companies grow their teams.
Working directly with our Director of Digital Marketing, you’ll help us build a world-class, user-first digital organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling aggressively. You’ll have the opportunity to optimize the way we generate leads from our paid channels through hands-on daily management of our ad platforms, A/B testing all areas across the user experience that influence conversion, and by diversifying the anatomy of our digital advertising campaigns across various media. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something impactful and transformative, and will play a critical role in driving Lever’s success. The strategy of our company relies on a world class digital experience and a user-centric web strategy. Designing, managing and executing high performing ad campaigns by implementing industry best practices and constantly looking to improve and elevate the processes by which we optimize our ongoing campaigns will help scale and deliver the demand the business requires. You will be a tester with new ideas, an analyst with your actions and a forward-thinker in your realm. You will implement new technologies and foundations to drive higher-quality leads at an optimized cost while delivering users the experience they need.
Digital marketing owns the website, digital advertising, SEO, CRO and web UX of Lever and is responsible for strategizing, executing and reporting on these channels. Generating demand across our identified segments is critical to the business, and how we market to these segments digitally is the first touch many users have with our brand. Within the greater marketing team - which includes demand generation, marketing ops, product marketing, content marketing, field marketing and programs - the digital team mixes creative, user experience and technical precision as it strategizes and executes on integrated marketing initiatives that drive business impact to Lever. We’re a team that thrives off problem solving, blending creative and technical disciplines, and seeing our work push real-time results.
THE TECH STACK
THE SKILL SET
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience, specifically in management and execution of advertising platforms and conversion rate optimization
- Strong experience using search, display and social advertising platforms such as Google Ads, Bing, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Background in analyzing, presenting and building reports from ad platforms and translating them into spreadsheets and presentation decks, and synthesizing metrics into tactical recommendations
- Proven track record of improving digital conversion rates through testing and campaign analytics feedback
- Experience leveraging A/B testing (and/or personalization) platforms like Optimizely, Acquia Lift, Convert, or similar
- Experience working with a content management system (Drupal, WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, Silverstripe, etc.), marketing automation platform (Marketo, Eloqua, HubSpot, etc.), Google Analytics and Salesforce
- Willing to work in a collaborative and results-oriented team environment
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Proficient in project management and using software to do so (Trello, Asana, Basecamp, Jira, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits in to Lever's broader organization.
- Meet with our advertising agency to understand what campaigns are being run through paid search and how we maximize this channel
- Meet with representatives from our ad platform channels to learn the history and ongoing strategies of our various ad programs
- Be introduced to our A/B testing platform and the strategic initiatives underway for CRO and will then complete your first A/B test on your own
- Meet with our Director of Digital Marketing to align on projects for FY20 and help craft the plan for what responsibilities and projects you will own
- Take on the day-to-day operations of our advertising platforms
- Create a project plan for auditing our overall lead generation strategy through our digital channels to understand heaviest impacting items, and areas for improvement and drive it to completion.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Understand the tools of the marketing team, including Wordpress, Marketo, our advertising platforms, and learn processes including how we target our audiences, develop digital campaigns, advertise across the integrated spectrum, etc., and begin utilizing these in your day-to-day operations independently
- Begin managing the daily goals and tasks of our advertising agency, platform representatives and SEO consultant to audit our conversion rates, cost per lead, competitive analysis and paid keyword strategy
- Support our SEO strategy by partnering with our consultants and digital director on consistently integrating our organic initiatives into our paid SEM approach
- Meet with our Strategic Program Manager to understand our integrated campaigns and what types of content (past, present and upcoming) we use to target our key audiences for lead generation, using this information to build new ad campaigns and improve existing initiatives
- Make recommendations based on audits for growth across our various digital advertising platforms
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Develop a general roadmap for strategic advertising initiatives that you’d like to implement to continue pushing the needle on our online acquisition strategy by establishing data-based benchmarks and goals that signify the importance of each initiative
- Drive the ongoing management of our advertising consultants to best manage their daily focus in alignment with our advertising initiatives
- Build out reporting mechanisms to ensure that advertising and conversion metrics are properly analyzed and digestible for action, relaying this information to marketing leadership and collaborating with marketing team members on informing how to improve future campaigns based on this data
- Identify areas for improvement across the digital acquisition spectrum for improving our conversion rates and share them with key stakeholders
- Leverage A/B testing tools to increase our web conversion rate and the performance of our digital advertising campaigns
- Have assumed fully day-to-day management of executing digital advertising campaigns across our various platforms
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Roll out a full scale template for how Lever marketing thinks about and tackles advertising across all funnel stages, user segments, brand awareness and lead generation goals
- Engage the rest of the team to use the template and understand what impacts and what should be conceptualized from a digital advertising standpoint as campaigns are created
- Develop a 12-month roadmap with benchmarks outlining how our advertising platforms will deliver against specific metrics and scale our future growth
- Identify opportunities from granular insights upon first touch of advertising and organic all the way through customer acquisition
- Leverage, influence and collaborate with the broader marketing team on the types of campaigns we conceive and execute
- Contribute to content creation feedback loop on what resonates with our key audiences and how we can leverage more successful content in our digital campaigns
- Have developed an analytical template/dashboard in partnership with the Director of Digital Marketing that outlines projected ROI across our digital acquisition channels
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.