Customer Experience and Operations Specialist
Service and Support
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
The Customer Support team is integral to the retention and success of our customers and as Lever grows and expands, so does the team. We are small and mighty with plans to continue to scale with the business--this means working through ambiguity and helping to shape the team. As the Customer Experience and Operations Specialist, you will support all of our internal teams, as well as our customers, by providing change management, data analysis, and customer-facing communications as Lever continues to evolve as a product.
As Customer Experience and Operations Specialist, you will partner with the Customer Experience and Solutions leaders, as well as Product Operations, to provide an amazing change management experience for our customers, while ensuring our internal teams are ready as well! You will work with our Support and Success teams to ensure that we are providing efficient and complete resolution for Lever customers, both internal and external; maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction; deepening the level of engagement by our customers with all the Lever products they use; and providing proactive change management opportunity as the Lever Product continues to evolve. You will use data to inform business decisions around customer communications and education. You will work directly with Customer Success leadership to create and manage campaigns, deepening the adoption of Lever for our customers.
Join a high-performing, tight knit team in a growth stage tech company that is working to make hiring more transparent, collaborative, strategic, and effective. The Customer Experience and Solutions organization at Lever holds deep product and recruiting knowledge and is growing quickly in response to the fast-growing list of Lever customers. We’re a seasoned group that is driven by happy customers and a passion to drive initiatives that improve internal processes. The Customer Experience and Operations Specialist will work with Customer Experience and Solutions leadership, and the rest of the Lever team to keep the customer experience ingrained in everything we do.
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits in to Lever's broader organization.
- Dig into the recruiting world, quickly learning different recruiting team roles, interactions, activities, and metrics- and how that’s all captured within Lever’s product suite.
- Jump into the support and escalation queues, working side by side with the Support team to learn the Lever products, internal tools, and help resources to resolve 80% of basic customer questions quickly and efficiently without additional support.
- Interview members of the following CXS teams to understand the impact of launches for their roles: Success, Implementation, Solutions Architecture, Customer Support.
- Learn how to use release-related tools, including Asana, Intercom, and Confluence.
- How to partake in bug bashes to find bugs before customers.
- Build release content, including Email and In-app messages, from new features and value props, in collaboration with Product Operations.
- Understand the importance of customer-facing messaging to our customers.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Have a complete understanding of what is included in every releaseHave an understanding of all customer-facing risks involved in every product release.
- Work directly with Product Management, Product Ops, and CSX Leadership to coordinate upcoming releases.
- Build and edit content for customer facing messaging, collaborating with Product Operations Specialists.
- Plan waved launches for upcoming product releases.
- Build waves of customers for product launches and upload into Intercom, using the Global Release toolUpload in-app and email messaging into Intercom.
- Confirm with XF stakeholders that messaging is approved.
- Communicate with other teams so that messaging is sent out on time and to the right customers.
- Aggregate feedback from across CXS to ensure that there is alignment between the Customer Experience and Product orgs during launch cycles.
- Manage inbound interactions resulting from response to customer messaging.
- Update CXS Release documentation in Asana with all pertinent resources.
- Manage all Help Center release page and bug fix content.
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to coordinate communication with strategic customers about upcoming releases.
- Learn how to build waves, including developing an high-level understanding of variables for consideration with individual launches.
- Document release processes
- Iterate and improve the Customer Success Customer-facing Launch Calendar process for distributing knowledge.
- Assure consistent messaging across customer-facing channels: Macros, Help site, Email messaging, In-app messaging, Chat
- Update release communications section on Asana and Confluence
- Formalize escalation processes around issues that arise from customers to Product Ops and Product Management
- Develop a clear understanding of how tools, including Asana, Intercom, and JIRA, are used during product release cycles
- Track and analyze metrics to inform decisions around future releases
WITHIN 6 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Develop tracking and analysis of messaging and responses, as well as inbound Support interactions, providing XF updates about how much noise each launch has created, and helping to decide if we are ready to launch the next wave.
- Develop tracking and analysis of Help Center content access and ticket mitigation, working with Customer Support Managers to identify opportunity.
- Project manage customer-facing training for existing customers via webinar, in-app communications, and campaigns working with CXS leadership.
- Manage upsell campaign execution and tracking, working with Success leadership.
- Manage beta tests, using customer experience to inform launch decisions.
- Take ownership of building initial messaging to customers for all releases.
- Build and manage release waves, providing recommendations to the project team for timing and wave sizes, based on understanding of customer risk, beta experiences, and feedback from customer facing teams.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to collect feedback, and iterate on messaging, through final approval.
- Manage internal communications for upcoming releases across all customer-facing teams, making sure that all stakeholders are involved, and providing clear training and expectations to team members.
- Identify and train Customer Service team members to create redundancy for loading and sending messaging via Intercom
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU'LL
- Identify opportunities to up-level proactive messaging for quarterly releases.
- Identify opportunities to up-level Help Center content and customer education.
- Improve processes and identify opportunity with tools to make the release messaging process more efficient and effective leveraging technology.
- Improve internal processes for disseminating release communications across customer-facing teams.
- Identify training opportunities and create content for the existing customer base when new features are released, or workflow is impacted.
- Complete regular audits of tools and processes included in the release process, making recommendations for iteration as appropriate
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.