IT Support Specialist
General and Administrative – Information Technology /
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Atlassian, KPMG, and McGraw-Hill Education rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
We know that the planning and work behind the scenes is what turns good teams into great teams; as one of our Toronto IT Support Specialists you will be a key contributor to Lever’s success. In this role you and the team will keep the everyday operations of the company moving forward fast and securely. Additionally, you will identify bottlenecks, come up with new ideas on how we can build better systems every day. You will have a part in building, testing, and deployment of solutions for our fast-moving and talented team of Lever employees. You and the team will partner with every single operational unit within Lever to ensure that they have the appropriate technology solutions that enable them to more efficiently reach their goals. Currently this role will be done remotely.
We’re looking for someone to join the team in a 10 month contract to hire capacity. You are confident in managing day-to-day operations and excel as an enabler to our employees. When pairing with the rest of our team, you will gain insights on how to make sure that new projects and solutions are accepted by users.
We never lose sight of our highest priority: ensuring that all Lever employees are supported and company data secure. These goals drive all that we do, and we’re excited to bring someone on board who will help build the perfect mix of secure and efficient systems while doing the everyday work to keep Lever productive. We know that the work you will do will have a transformative impact to every contributor at Lever.
We're a small team of IT professionals based in California and Ontario who do everything from password resets to rolling out complex enterprise solutions. We know what we need to accomplish and we’ll look to you to execute and collaborate to help keep Lever’s other high-performing teams productive and secure.
THE SKILL SET
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Great customer service experience
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Solid knowledge of macOS systems
- Knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, firewalls,LAN/WAN etc.) is a plus
- Experience with SaaS apps such as G Suite, O365, Slack, Zoom, Atlassian is a plus
- Scripting experience (bash, python, perl, etc) would be very desirable
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding about how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Complete IT support training. This is where you’ll learn the ins and outs of our tools, our IT support philosophy, and what it means to be a key member of our team.
- Create your own impact/ramp plan. This will help you and your manager align on an onboarding plan and set you up for success.
- Establish weekly one-on one meetings with our IT Manager. You’ll cover things like what you’re currently working on, any obstacles you’re facing, and receive--and give!--feedback.
- Serve as first responder for all IT issues across the entire company. We’ll look to you to delegate tasks as necessary, come up with creative solutions, and help Lever become more efficient as we scale.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Work with our IT Manager to execute a quarterly audit framework of user credentials.
- Address IT support requests from start to finish with little escalation.
- Complete staff onboarding and offboarding IT tasks through our support ticketing system.
- Consistently maintain our service level agreement for our users in our support ticketing system.
- Author user self-service documentation based on an analysis of previous support tickets and communicate with the team as documentation becomes available.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Write training documentation for end users that will demonstrate a faster time to resolution by at least 20% when compared to incidents without self-service documentation.
- Present in IT Onboarding sessions and author changes to curriculum to improve process
- Complete tasks on time on IT projects delegated to you by IT leadership.
- Create a proposal of improvements to end user experiences for the IT Support team
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.