General and Administrative
A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
As Lever’s first Go-To-Market Analyst, you’ll identify trends and actionable insights from our data and use analytics to develop recommendations on how our sales teams can move the needle. This will strengthen the relationship between Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success and result in better alignment across our Go-To-Market organization.
You’ll be instrumental in supporting our quickly growing revenue organization and building out the analytics framework that will scale Lever to the next level. The work you do will impact the way our marketing team measures performance and makes decisions on where to invest for the highest ROI.
You will use your prior analytics experience to dive deep into our reporting and identify the levers that drive our business. Your past experience with marketing, demand generation and SDR teams will enable you to accurately measure our marketing and sales funnel from first inquiry to close. In your past, you’ve reached the limits of reporting in Salesforce, hit the row limits in Excel, and taught yourself SQL to keep going past them; at Lever, you’ll put those skills to the test.
Lever’s Revenue Ops organization is a tight-knit team with diverse backgrounds -- but what we have in common is the ability to take complex problems, break them down to their individual parts, and put them back together in a way that delivers insight or drives business results. You would be a core part of the team that helps us provide those insights.
THE SKILL SET
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis and measuring performance of sales and marketing teams, preferably in a B2B SaaS company.
- Analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Ability to remove your own roadblocks and identify what you need to succeed.
- Advanced experience on reporting with Salesforce and Excel a must. Familiarity with Marketo and Google Analytics a plus. Bonus points for knowledge of SQL and BI tools like Tableau, Metabase, Domo, or Looker.
WITHIN 1 MONTH
- Attend Ramp Camp, our company-wide onboarding program, and complete a starter project with your class; present findings / project to relevant stakeholders and follow up as necessary.
- Participate in our Sales Ramp Camp our newest branch of onboarding developed specifically for the sales team.
- Learn about the suite of Lever products in Sales Ramp Camp; be able to discuss the Lever origin story and understand the decisions and intentions that shaped the product as it is currently.
- Onboard with the Revenue Operations team to learn about our instance of Salesforce, Marketo, our automated processes and workflows, and how our sales and customer data is organized. You will learn how the systems are connected, what data passes through them and how a lead becomes an opportunity.
- Meet the leaders of Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success through a series of 1:1s so you can partner effectively with them and learn about how they measure the business.
- Build your Individual Impact Plan to track your career growth and set goals, you’ll present this to the Director of Revenue Operations and use this tool to measure your success moving forward.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS
- Build metrics and dashboards in Salesforce to monitor the performance of our marketing efforts by channel, territory, and segment.
- Participate in monthly go-to-market meetings to review team performance, sales trends, and proactively identify issues and propose solutions to improve our sales process.
- Work closely with our Demand Generation team to identify which channels maximize our ROI on advertising spend and improve our sales efficiency.
- Work on the FY21 Operating Plan and build the models that will be used for setting marketing goals.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS
- Prepare your analysis and insights into executive-ready presentations and present your findings to our CEO, Executive Staff, and Board Members.
- Identify ways we can incorporate our customer usage data into a renewal forecasting process.
- Partner with our Salesforce Admin and Engineering team to improve our data model for capturing customer data in Salesforce.
- Develop and roll out ways to measure the effectiveness of our existing customer marketing programs.
- Partner with the Customer Success team and CSM Operations to identify customers with the greatest upsell potential and greatest churn risk for account prioritization and churn intervention.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS
- Build new analytics and migrate existing dashboards to our Business Intelligence tool for real-time insights and so our non-technical users can self-serve certain reports.
- Identify measurement gaps in the marketing funnel and build a roadmap to migrate us to a multi-touch attribution model.
- Identify, scope, and execute on projects that increase marketing effectiveness and help our marketing teams achieve their pipeline goals.
- Chart your individual growth plan to continue growing your career at Lever.
- Continuously evolve your initiatives to meet the ever-changing needs of Lever’s business and customer base.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.