Jump into an empowered role doing end-to-end feature development. You’ll be familiar with all parts of our stack—most notably our homegrown, open source web framework, DerbyJS. Not only will you learn how to develop on a modern, real-time framework, you’ll be building enterprise-grade software on top of it. To do so, you’ll exercise judgment in making tradeoffs between design and feasibility. Choose when to hack and when to invest. You’ll engineer your features to be scalable and resilient in a large, single-page app.
Lever is an incredibly design-driven company and you’ll be an active voice in shaping our product and user experience, down to the last detail when shipping your features. Our close-knit, cross-functional team is a great chance to grow your knowledge of different domains. Level-up your knowledge of design theory and UX by working closely with our Design and Customer Success teams. Share your knowledge with them so that they’re more empowered to hook up their front-end code to to support users with more internal tools.
You’ll join a team where everyone—including you—is knowledgeable about development patterns and opinionated about product development process. We pitch in to help when things are crazy. We build tools and scripts to ease the lives of our fellow developers. And we’re passionate about lots of random things, and share those passions with each other.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization.
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Work closely with the Lever recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our passengers and drivers.
- Help your team build relationships across functions with Support, Marketing, Ops, BizDev, or other teams to ensure Lever’s continuing success.
- You have a technical background and are able to contribute to planning and design discussions.
- You are steadfastly focused on your customers, whether they are drivers, passengers, or other Lever employees.
- You have experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development.
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team.
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work.
- You think ahead and build for the future.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.