Mid-Market Account Executive
Sales – Account Executive
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States.). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage: we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” by bringing our people-first culture to Toronto.
As a Mid-Market Account Executive you’ll have direct impact to Lever and it’s revenue growth. You will work directly with prospective customers as they evaluate their recruiting technology needs. The Mid-Market team is pivotal in our Sales organization; as one of the largest revenue generators, our team has massive impact on Lever's overall growth.
In addition you’ll be working closely with a dedicated SDR and will play an informal yet vital role in their growth and development. Marketing and Engineering will rely on you for feedback on how the market is responding to our message and our platform.
Last and certainly not least there are a seemingly endless number of companies who's ability to attract top talent will be directly impacted by the work that you do. In doing so, you’ll be helping Lever to continue to grow into an amazing company that achieves impressive goals.
What sets sales at Lever apart? Our industry-defining product and highly collaborative team. We aren’t your normal sales team - our culture of teamwork is unparalleled. We pride ourselves on cross-functional work and can-do attitudes where anyone from a sales development representative to the most senior manager can have an enormous impact. We value growing our employees and make it clear how to get to the next step in your career at Lever. Not only do you have a passionate team behind you, but a strong and innovative product, and we have the logos, such as KPMG, Shopify, and Netflix, to show for it. We’re charged with bringing Lever to some of the biggest and most unique companies across all industries: from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits. Our goal is to set our customers up for success and help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human.
The Mid-Market Account Executive team consists of experienced SAAS sales professionals who are targeting our largest pool of prospects as they purchase new software to help them compete for talent. Mid-Market at Lever is the guiding light for how a world class sales organization operates. As a result MM is a place where people push their limits, create meaningful relationships, deliver consistent results and propel careers that make impact well beyond the scope of their job
We cheer each other on every step of the way and push each other to learn and improve each day. We'll look to you to build the bridge between the Toronto and SF offices as we continue to grow the team!
THE SKILL SET
- 3 or more years of closing experience in a SaaS technology company with complex sales cycles
- Ability to manage a multi-threaded sales process and competitive deals
- Experience with consultative, value-based selling
- Proven track record of exceeding your quota
- Collaborative approach to partner with Product to share feedback from customers and help shape the future of Lever
- Experience with mid-market companies and the ability to find clarity in rapidly changing environments
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- attend Lever’s Ramp Camp - learning our story, product and organizational structure
- join other new sales Leveroos in our week-long sales bootcamp where you’ll focus on understanding buyer personas sales messaging and competitive differentiation
- learn the Talent Aquisition space inside and out and how Lever uniquely fits in and differentiates from all other solutions.
- begin to create relationships with cross functional groups within Lever including Marketing and Sales Engineering
- build a plan that takes into consideration the nuances within your territory, your unique skill set and the various resources within Lever that will ultimately help you focus your energy and create a path to success
- leverage Gong to shadow your teammates calls and meetings and schedule 1:1’s with your team to learn best practices and how to avoid potential pitfalls.
- get demo certified!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- be well versed in the Talent Aquisition space, how it fits into the larger HR landscape and the buyer personas you’ll work with.
- become strong at competitive selling by showing our buyer how Lever is unlike any other platform on the market and delivering the best buying experience a customer has ever received.
- be well on your way to executing your territory plan in conjunction with your SDR, validating your assumptions and making adjustments as needed.
- assess your pipeline and forecast accurately on a weekly basis
- assess the signals your received from the effort you’ve put into working your plan and make any needed adjustments.
- have closed your first deal!
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- consistently contribute to team goals, playing an active role in up-leveling your peers and cement a healthy relationship with your Sales Development Rep and Solution Engineer partners.
- have honed your selling style to this buyer and seeing meaningful results.
- feel like you’re being challenged, learning a ton and confident in your path to success at Lever.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- be a master in the space - including selling against competition, how and when to leverage internal resources and developed buyer empathy.
- continue to deepen your relationships across the company as you learn what consistent success at Lever looks like. You might seek mentorship from other sales leaders and other sales people and weave their recommendations into your process.
- be working on projects for the business that are outside the scope of simply being a sales professional
- create your Individual Impact Plan for your second year and share with your manager. You’ll identify goals, areas of growth and development, and areas of strength you’d like to continue to leverage.
- help the team scale by completing interviewer training and conducting interviews to help hire the best and brightest to join the Mid-Market team.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.