Finance – Payroll
Come work in Arlington!
The existing accounting & finance team builds and sustains accurate books and records to advocate for smart financial decisions and manage the company’s finances. As we grow and become more complex as a company, we need another strong accountant to join our team. We are looking for an ambitious, talented, detail oriented professional to join us and help us scale as we support our growth.
- Execute on all aspects of current accounting operations, including but not limited to AR, fixed assets, prepaids, general ledger, AP and revenue recognition, all while focusing on efficiency and scalability
- Own the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules as a key participant in the monthly close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete recognition of financial transactions
- Assist with updating all accounting schedules, due to changes from ERP implementation
- Maintain tax compliance calendar and schedules to support all company tax filing requirements including state, federal & 1099-MISC
- Lead the initiative on building out accounting operations for new revenue streams including revenue recognition, all associated COGs and reporting with the focus on scalability
- Research technical accounting solutions for new and existing business issues of moderate to difficult scope and complexity
- 5+ years in Accounting
- Support and understand of an online marketplace model
- Able to work autonomously with top-down guidance, but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Hands-on, detail oriented, resourceful & a doer with strong ethical values
- Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment where change is the norm! This requires strong multi-tasking skills &the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- CPA or seeking CPA is a plus, experience with NetSuite is a plus
We are looking for people who are confident but humble. Expert but curious. Leaders but also team players. Inclusive but decisive. Adaptable. Effective communicators. Those who have a desire to work in a startup environment and help make a world-class company and force for good.