Chicago, IL /
Legal – Intellectual Property /
The Legal team currently supports our growing global business. We are looking for a multi-faceted, business oriented General Counsel with deep experience in online/mobile advertising, software, and cloud services to support our rapid growth. The General Counsel will be based in San Francisco and will manage the Global legal team. If you are a hands-on, self-motivated leader that can step back and think strategically about legal risks but never hesitates to roll up your sleeves to get things done in a fast moving, global environment, we are interested in talking to you.
- Provide innovative and business-oriented legal counsel and execution of significant strategic imperatives, including possible acquisitions, joint ventures, expansions, product/service offerings and other possible investments, as well as negotiate and structure major contracts and licensing agreements.
- Manage legal team and activities in the Americas, APAC, and EMEA.
- Sound business acumen with the ability to efficiently support complex, international technology transactions.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and counseling skills that are adaptable to the needs of a rapidly scaling company.
- Technology savvy with a strong understanding of software, cloud services and mobile ecosystems.
- Ability to oversee the drafting of agreements with clear and concise language
- Clearly and effectively communicate with the Board, c-level executives and all Uity departments.
- Assess risk and find practical solutions to business and legal problems, including litigation, of possible business decisions and offer advice on how to best manage those risks.
- Think strategically and find practical approaches to mitigate long range legal risks
- Lead all lawyers and employees within our legal function, promoting a values-driven, highly engaged organizational culture and fostering collaborative relationships among the various stakeholders; supervision (direct and indirect) of all lawyers and employees within the legal department.
- Oversee strategy for the protection and development of all forms of intellectual property, including its trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights and patents.
- Manage outside counsel; establish procedures for evaluating the quality and cost of outside counsel.
- At least 15 years experience, preferably 20+ of practicing law, the majority of which should be in “in house” counsel leadership roles, preferably in the software, mobile or video game industry.
- Law Degree and California Bar Admission
- Strong experience as a leader building and managing mid-large size legal teams at global technology company.
- Global experience managing teams in the Americas, APAC and EMEA.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills required. Sense of humor, self awareness, a creative and collaborative spirit, a steady demeanor in challenging situations, comfort operating in a fast moving, often changing and unclear legal environment, and a passion for our mission of democratizing game development.
Come join our team
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.