Senior Data Scientist
Engineering – Data Science
Location: 22-24 Torrington Place, London, WC1E 7HJ
Salary: £70,000 - £130,000 depending on your level
Closing Date: 18th May 2017
Hello, we’re Deliveroo. The Roo logo on the bikes? Yep, that’s us! We’re one of the world’s fastest growing startups, and we’re making huge waves in the restaurant and logistics industries.
Contrary to popular belief, it’s not kangaroo meat in the boxes. It’s quality food from top-notch restaurants like Cocotte, Gaucho, or Busaba. Instead of your local takeaway, we’ll fill your mealtime with the best cuisine, cooked by the best chefs from around the world.
As a Senior Data Scientist at Deliveroo, you will:
- Bring a combination of mathematical and scientific rigour, entrepreneurial thinking, and a hunger to build intelligent machines that drive the company forward
- Learn and develop new techniques
- Translate unstructured, complex business problems into practical, powerful algorithmic solutions
- Design, execute, and analyse live experiments to test what you build
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and designers
Some examples of the problems you might tackle in your new role:
- How can we solve dynamic, stochastic routing problems whose complexity is at or beyond the cutting edge of current theory?
- How do we most effectively combine routing algorithms with demand forecasting models, rider availability models, and restaurant scheduling models?
- How can we most effectively and automatically nudge riders to maximise their earnings while providing a delightful service to our customers?
- How can we dynamically price our service?
- Fantastic exposure to scaling a product at an incredible pace
- Machinery of the highest order
- Subsidised gym membership at a fancy gym down the road
- Regular off-sites with the team, as well as game nights, and the legendary “Bun-day Monday”
- Ping-pong table, PS4, dartboard and foosball table as standard office furniture
- Food. So much food.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start ups around.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.