Own improvements to existing services as Lever scales to increasing usage and increasingly large enterprise accounts. Identify and anticipate performance bottlenecks across all Lever services and applications. Establish best practices, bridging between platform and product engineering.
Backend engineering is part of Lever's small platform engineering team that works directly with our CTO. Backend engineers improve the overall performance, reliability, and ability to measure existing systems. They collaborate with the product engineering team, who own full stack implementation of new features.
You will be able to teach peers patterns and best practices for production systems learned in previous roles as well as those gained from a broad understanding of Lever systems. At the same time, you'll learn from the unique challenges operating a large scale realtime, eventually consistent data model. Our applications are powered by ShareDB, our distributed realtime application backend. ShareDB syncs all data via Operational Transformation, the same algorithm that powers Google Docs.
Improve user experience and engagement via performance and reliability improvements, help product engineering to continue focusing on feature innovation and product differentiation, and level up in a broad range of technical and communication skills.
- You have strong CS fundamentals and value rigor in engineering.
- You are equally excited to build a minimum viable product quickly as you are cementing a proven feature in maintainable and tested code.
- You are highly adaptable and able to deal with ambiguity.
- You are intellectually curious, passionate, inventive, and eager to grow.
- Design and build scalable, maintainable services
- Cultivating engineering best practices within your group, and, in conjunction with other engineers, company wide
- Mentor and help train more junior engineers through participating in code review and architecture review
- Providing engineering input into our product planning and scheduling processes
- 2+ years industry experience working in a production code environment
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or prior engineering experience
- Superb oral & written communication skillsB
- Experience building server side APIs in Python, Ruby or Go
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and hearty breakfasts three times a week)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Corporate gym membership
- Free Clipper Card to pay for your commute from anywhere in the Bay Area
- Flexible time off policy
- Weekly happy hours and opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
Lever builds software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $33 million. This year, we're doubling the team in size, and we're looking forward to supporting more great companies like Netflix, Eventbrite, and Lyft.
Under the hood, we're a technology company with a powerful open-source web framework: DerbyJS. It is the first and only open-source MVC framework that syncs all data via an Operational Transformation backend, using the same algorithm that powers Google Docs. DerbyJS is also uniquely optimized to render everything on the server as well as the client.
Lever is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.