A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded seven years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Yelp, Cirque du Soleil, Shopify, and Eventbrite rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
As a Corporate Account Executive, you’ll work directly with prospective customers as they evaluate their recruiting technology needs. The Corporate team is pivotal within our Sales organization; as one of our fastest growing segments, our team has a massive impact on Lever’s overall revenue. You will be working with companies ranging from scaling tech startups to established global brands across all industries and territories. You will be essential in helping us set, drive, and execute on our revenue goals and ultimately bring us closer to our vision of making Lever the default solution for companies’ hiring needs.
What sets sales at Lever apart? Our industry-defining product and highly collaborative team. We aren’t your normal sales team - our culture of teamwork is unparalleled. We pride ourselves on cross-functional work and can-do attitudes where anyone from a sales development representative to the most senior manager can have an enormous impact. We value growing our employees and make it clear how to get to the next step in your career at Lever. Not only do you have a passionate team behind you, but a strong and innovative product, and we have the logos, such as KPMG, Shopify, and Netflix, to show for it. We’re charged with bringing Lever to some of the biggest and most unique companies across all industries: from tech startups to world-famous traveling circuses and global non-profits. Our goal is to set our customers up for success and help them make hiring more strategic, collaborative, and human.
The Corporate Account Executive team consists of experienced sales professionals who are targeting our fastest growing prospects as they purchase their first or second applicant tracking system. The AEs on our team have a few things in common--they are all highly ambitious, intrinsically motivated, and eager to learn and develop their career. They also are collaborative and team oriented. We cheer each other on every step of the way and push each other to learn and improve each day. We take pride in our GIF game too, always landing the perfect gif for the occasion. At team events, you’re likely to find us beating the clock on an escape room or enjoying pizza with a view. Learn more about Sales at Lever from some members of the team.
THE SKILL SET
- 1-2 years of closing experience in a SaaS technology company is a must (bonus for HR tech)
- Ability to manage a multi-threaded sales process and competitive deals
- Experience with consultative, value-based selling
- Proven track record of exceeding your quota
- Collaborative approach to partner with Product to share feedback from customers and help shape the future of Lever
- Experience with high growth companies and the ability to find clarity in rapidly changing environments
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL
- Attend Lever’s organization wide Ramp Camp - learning our story, product and organizational structure.
- Join other new sales Leveroos in our week-long sales bootcamp where you’ll focus on understanding buyer personas, sales messaging and competitive differentiation.
- You’ll learn from other seasoned AEs what works, what we’re working on, and where we’re going!
- Begin 1:1's with your manager, shadow meetings, and meet other leaders across the organization.
- Work with your manager and peers practicing sales conversations so you’re ready to get on the phone within the first 30 days.
- Get demo certified!
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Build pipeline from inbound marketing leads as well as your own self-sourced opportunities.
- Qualify, demo and close your first deals.
- You’ll master the Lever product, know the features inside and out, understand the industry, and be able to articulate Lever’s value to recruiters, VPs and CEOs alike.
- Learn and refine new sales skills with regular Account Executive sales training sessions.
- Collaborate with peers in the sales organization, customers, and other cross-functional team members to deliver a delightful sales process.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- With the help of leadership and peers, you will develop and deliver value-based solution proposals, product demonstration, and presentations.
- Manage the sales funnel by analyzing and controlling pipeline activity in Salesforce and monitoring sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Consistently meet or exceed your quota.
- Identify one key area of improvement; develop plan with your manager and execute (something about owning their own growth here to set the expectation).
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Engage cross functionally with Account Management, Finance, Marketing, Executives, etc. as needed to progress the deal.
- Mentor new sales Leveroos as they ramp and learn the process.
- As needed, complete interviewer training and interview new potential Leveroos.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.