Finance – Payroll
The existing accounting & finance team builds and sustains accurate books and records to advocate for smart financial decisions and manage the company’s finances. As we grow and become more complex as a company, we need another strong accountant to join our team. We are looking for an ambitious, talented, detail oriented professional to join us and help us scale as we support our growth.
- Execute on all aspects of current accounting operations, including but not limited to AR, fixed assets, prepaids, general ledger, AP and revenue recognition, all while focusing on efficiency and scalability
- Own the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules as a key participant in the monthly close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete recognition of financial transactions
- Assist with updating all accounting schedules, due to changes from ERP implementation
- Maintain tax compliance calendar and schedules to support all company tax filing requirements including state, federal & 1099-MISC
- Lead the initiative on building out accounting operations for new revenue streams including revenue recognition, all associated COGs and reporting with the focus on scalability
- Research technical accounting solutions for new and existing business issues of moderate to difficult scope and complexity
- 5+ years in Accounting
- Support and understand of an online marketplace model
- Able to work autonomously with top-down guidance, but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team
- Hands-on, detail oriented, resourceful & a doer with strong ethical values
- Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment where change is the norm! This requires strong multi-tasking skills &the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Advanced Excel skills
- CPA or seeking CPA is a plus, experience with NetSuite is a plus
We are looking for people who are confident but humble. Expert but curious. Leaders but also team players. Inclusive but decisive. Adaptable. Effective communicators. Those who have a desire to work in a startup environment and help make a world-class company and force for good.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.