Receptionist, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Austin, TX /
This position will serve as the receptionist at a Planned Parenthood multi-facility office. Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies affiliate personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications systems. The receptionist must demonstrate a willingness to assist visitors and clients. Understands and complies with organization and health center protocols, policies and procedures. In addition, follows organization risk management and safety procedures. Ensures customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality care and excellent customer service.
Essential Job Functions & Expectations:
- Performs a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to: greeting clients and visitors promptly and in a welcoming manner, directing visitors and clients to appropriate areas of the building.
- Performs the following receptionist duties as requested:
- Screens patients for appointments and conducts initial check-in.
- Answers phones in a professional and courteous manner; provides directions to health center, hours of operation, types of services offered, and takes messages.
- Places reminder phone calls for scheduled appointments.
- Visually inspects visitors/clients and packages entering and leaving the facilities.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail. Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.). Notifies recipient and ensures mail and packages are delivered to appropriate recipient in Administration or Health Center.
- Controls any of the following access to building: front door, reception, back entrances, delivery doors, etc. Issues visitor badges in accordance with security procedures.
- Promptly reports suspicious encounters to Security and supervisor and prepares incident reports per agency protocol.
- Observes security cameras and grounds, secures building at end of shift.
- Provides contraceptive supplies as ordered by the clinician and specific instructions per health center protocols.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Fluency in Spanish/English required (if a job requirement it is documented in your employee records and periodic assessments of fluency will be performed).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work office/center hours of operation.
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with patients and staff in all areas, including administrative, clinical, and non-clinical center staff.
- Must be pleasant, courteous and helpful.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Demonstrates cultural and linguistic competence.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to manage details, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.