Technical Support Representative
As a Tier 2 Support Representative on the Customer Service and Support Team at Lever, you will provide the highest level of service to every customer, both internal and external, through every interaction. You will work closely with the rest of the Customer Success team to ensure that customer accounts have the technical support necessary to be set up for success. You will manage and troubleshoot third-party integrations, build and use technical resources for data management for the Customer Success team, and act as an escalation point for the Customer Service team for technical issues. Help us keep pace with our fast-growing list of customers including Lyft, Quora, Hot Topic, Shopify, and Netflix.
We’re looking for someone who is highly-motivated and detail-oriented. You’re also passionate about people as much as you are about getting your work done. You have a natural fluidity and thoughtfulness to your written and verbal communication with customers. And you’re incredibly organized, handling multiple responsibilities at the same time without letting a single ball drop.
While you’ll have a solid foundation in customer service, at Lever you will learn to understand our customers’ unique needs and provide the solutions that are the best for them. You’ll be joining a fast-growing startup, and you’ll learn how to navigate and manage our internal systems, see how a scaling company grows, and be a part of the next chapter of Lever.
Our perfect team member has a customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy. You have past experience using scripting languages to build out tools to make your work and the work of others easier. You are comfortable digging into our API and have your own favorite tools for accessing REST-based web services and editing data in common data formats like JSON. You’ve wrestled with complex datasets before either using MongoDB, SQL, or Excel. More importantly, you have a natural curiosity and aptitude for technology and can quickly learn how to use new tools (most importantly Lever!).
Past experience in technical customer service (email, phone, chat or live) is definitely a plus. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Within one month you'll:
- Learn about Lever and about the recruiting space, gaining an understanding of our product and our customers. Become comfortable with the product and learn the ins and outs of how recruiting teams use Lever.
- Have the opportunity to shadow three Implementation Specialists through the implementation phase to develop relevant knowledge.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the implementation process in a mock walkthrough of the product with an Implementation Specialist.
- Shadow three to four Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) handling inbound interactions, gaining an understanding of common customer inquiries as well as our processes for resolution; demonstrate understanding by completing your first tickets with a CSR shadowing you
- Complete training with our IT Team and our Customer Service Associate to learn how to access and use all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk, JIRA, Intercom, Salesforce, Lever Admin, Chrome Console; reverse-shadow in each tool. You will demonstrate your understanding of our internal tools by successfully using them while being shadowed by your team members
- Complete all scheduled trainings with Customer Success Managers and Account Managers to learn how Lever product features work, including basic features, add-ons, and third-party integrations; receive certification from each training leader
- Learn to triage incoming customer inquiries and the process of escalating them by working with various team members to resolve and close your first ticket
- Consistently handle customer inquiries within set SLAs while prioritizing and escalating issues appropriately.
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.