Senior Financial Services & Payments Consultant
Verticals – Financial Services & Payments /
Our Levvel family is growing! We are seeking a Senior Payments Consultant (SPC) to join our Financial Services and Payments team. As an SPC at Levvel, you will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Financial Services and Payments industry, with a strong understanding of the business, technologies, and operations of the industry. You must have knowledge of products and intermediary service providers in one or more areas within the Banking and Enterprise Payments space.
As a Senior Consultant, you will work on strategic programs dealing with complex, industry-specific requirements, while further deepening knowledge in your respective area of specialization. You will work both independently and within a team, delivering high quality solutions and actively building key client relationships.
As a CSP, you will engage with clients to strategically implement new transformative efforts within their organizations, such as designing and implementing faster payments solutions, creating innovation labs, creating a digital bank, evaluating new market opportunities, or driving broad digital transformation efforts.
At Levvel we value career growth and expansion. You will have various opportunities to grow into the career you desire. We offer mentorship programs and multiple career tracks to help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Lead client engagements for Financial Services and Payment clients, as part of strategy, transformation and implementation initiatives to address key changes impacting the Financial Services and Payments industry
- Conduct interviews and workshops with subject matter experts and stakeholders to design payments strategies and solutions, including product strategies, customer use case analyses, requirements documentation, and supporting technology initiatives
- Understand key payments regulations and directives issued by financial oversight bodies, with an ability to identify and interpret key areas, processes and impacts within the client organization
- Manage end-to-end project execution, including stakeholder communications, and minimize engagement risk by proactively identifying and raising issues and recommending courses of remediation
- Support business development activities ranging from leading or contributing to client proposals to creating marketing content and research reports
- Develop industry perspectives and provide thought leadership in the form of blogs, whitepapers, articles and/or conference representation
- Work closely with Levvel leadership including Client Solutions, Strategy, Sales & Marketing and Senior Executives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience Experience in one or more domain areas – Digital Banking, Real Time Payments, Zelle, Core Payments, Card Payments, Retail Payments, Cross Border Payments, Clearing and Settlement, etc. particularly with ACH, Wires, ISO20022
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation
- Proven ability to lead large projects, build strong and effective business relationshipsAbility to facilitate discussions, identify and analyze issues, and develop structured solutions in the project environment with a large group of diverse stakeholders and participants
- Resourceful and highly motivated with strong problem-solving skillsMust be willing and able to travel, depending on client requirements
*We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- 3-5 years of experience working on large-scale change initiatives in Banking or Payments working either directly or with a professional services firm
- Working knowledge of payment messaging standards in the financial services industry
- Familiarity with new and emerging digital payment capabilities, including mobile wallets and card tokenization schemes
- Familiarity with digital innovation and/or product development within a financial services institution
- Proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines and challenging, and sometimes shifting, constraints
- Experience in executing programs using Agile methodologies
- Preferred locations - Charlotte, Atlanta, Raleigh, Phoenix
Levvel is a fast-growing business and technology consulting firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Raleigh, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Monterrey, Mexico.
We are not your typical consultancy—we are technologists that work with our customers to solve real business and technical problems using the right solution, not the one that happens to be convenient, familiar, or easy.