Senior Ruby Developer
Capabilities – Engineering /
Levvel is a fast growing consulting firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Raleigh, Atlanta, and Monterrey, Mexico.
We are not your typical consultancy that promises high level strategies, only to provide bloated project delivery teams. We are technologists that work with our customers to solve real business and technical problems using the right solution, not the one that happens to be convenient, familiar, or easy.
We don’t just believe that technology is changing the world, but that the world needs technology to improve lives and deal with this century’s biggest challenges. We are passionate about helping our clients be part of that transformation.
At Levvel you’ll work alongside other talented Consultants on a variety of projects. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to the earliest startups. We help companies deliver features into production at a faster pace by leveraging modern techniques and technologies. We are looking for people who want to build incredible technical skills while also being exposed to all aspects of business.
- 5+ years experience
- Knowledge of multiple programming paradigms, including procedural, object-oriented, and functional programming.
- Familiarity with Rails concepts (MVC, Mocking, ActiveRecord, and RESTful resources)Ability to write a SAX XML parser
- Familiarity with command-suite libraries
- Experience with performance-tuning database queries
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Ability to conceive and implement a test suite outside of an MVC context
- Extensive knowledge of Git
- Comfort with Rake (task authorship, dependencies, etc.)Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with ISO 20022 serialization/deserialization and signature validation a plus
Working for Levvel provides tons of opportunity for growth with access to senior leaders, technical mentors, and professional development opportunities.
We also provide some great benefits, including:
401k matching up to 6%
4 weeks vacation
10 Paid Holidays
Health, dental, vision
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer any immigration visas at this time.*
*Relocation assistance will not be offered at this time.*