Senior Wordpress Developer
Monterrey, MTY /
Capabilities – Engineering /
Levvel is a fast growing consulting firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Raleigh, Atlanta, and Monterrey, Mexico.
We are not your typical consultancy that promises high level strategies, only to provide bloated project delivery teams. We are technologists that work with our customers to solve real business and technical problems using the right solution, not the one that happens to be convenient, familiar, or easy.
We don’t just believe that technology is changing the world, but that the world needs technology to improve lives and deal with this century’s biggest challenges. We are passionate about helping our clients be part of that transformation.
At Levvel you’ll work alongside other talented Consultants on a variety of projects. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to the earliest startups. We help companies deliver features into production at a faster pace by leveraging modern techniques and technologies. We are looking for people who want to build incredible technical skills while also being exposed to all aspects of business.
- Develop and maintain complex WordPress-based applications
- Architect and implement new features and plugins, custom functionality, and custom themes
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency, and maintainability in mind
- Integrate 3rd party API and services in back-end applications and the WordPress admin interface
- Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure technical feasibility and identify potential issues
- Collaborate with project leads to establish the best technological solution for a given assignment
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack developer including WordPress development
- Skilled at crafting modern PHP architectures (ex: autoloading, dependency management, dependency injection, templating libraries, automated testing, OOP, and/or frameworks like Symfony or Laravel, etc.)
- Experience implementing complex WordPress sites, including headless architectures using frameworks like Gatsby
- Thorough knowledge of MySQL
- Excellent understanding of OOP, software development life cycle, and best practices
- Experience working with at least one automated testing framework (Codeception, Jest, GhostInspector, etc)Strong HTML & CSS (including experience with PostCSS or Sass and BEM) skills
- Familiarity with Agile best practices and CI/CD.Demonstrable passion for and interest in a variety of technologies
- Effectively manages multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Working for Levvel provides tons of opportunity for growth with access to senior leaders, technical mentors, and professional development opportunities.
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer any immigration visas at this time.*
*Relocation assistance will not be offered at this time.*