SENIOR CONSULTANT, Financial Services & Payments
Verticals – Financial Services & Payments /
Levvel is a fast-growing business and technology consulting firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Raleigh, Atlanta, Phoenix, and Monterrey, Mexico.
We are not your typical consultancy—we are technologists that work with our customers to solve real business and technical problems using the right solution, not the one that happens to be convenient, familiar, or easy.
To support our continued growth, we are seeking a Senior Payments Consultant to join our Financial Services and Payments practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Financial Services and Payments industry with a strong understanding of the business, technology and operations including knowledge of products and intermediary service providers in one or more areas in the Banking and Enterprise Payments space.
About the Role
As a Senior Consultant, you will work on strategic programs dealing with complex, industry-specific requirements, while further deepening knowledge in your respective area of specialization. You will work both independently and within a team, delivering high quality solutions and actively building key client relationships.
You will engage with clients to strategically implement new transformative efforts within their organizations, such as designing and implementing faster payments solutions, creating innovation labs, creating a digital bank, evaluating new market opportunities, or driving broad digital transformation efforts.
- Lead client engagements for Financial Services and Payment clients, as part of strategy, transformation and implementation initiatives to address key changes impacting the Financial Services and Payments industry
- Conduct interviews and workshops with subject matter experts and stakeholders to design payments strategies and solutions, including product strategies, customer use case analyses, requirements documentation, and supporting technology initiatives
- Understand key payments regulations and directives issued by financial oversight bodies, with an ability to identify and interpret key areas, processes and impacts within the client organization
- Manage end-to-end project execution, including stakeholder communications, and minimize engagement risk by proactively identifying and raising issues and recommending courses of remediation
- Support business development activities ranging from leading or contributing to client proposals to creating marketing content and research reports
- Develop industry perspectives and provide thought leadership in the form of blogs, whitepapers, articles and/or conference representation
- Work closely with Levvel leadership including Client Solutions, Strategy, Sales & Marketing and Senior Executives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in one or more domain areas – Digital Banking, Real Time Payments, Zelle, Core Payments, Card Payments, Retail Payments, Cross Border Payments, Clearing and Settlement, etc. particularly with ACH, Wires, ISO20022
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in requirements elicitation, analysis and documentation
- Proven ability to lead large projects, build strong and effective business relationships
- Ability to facilitate discussions, identify and analyze issues, and develop structured solutions in the project environment with a large group of diverse stakeholders and participants
- Resourceful and highly motivated with strong problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to travel, depending on client requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- 3-5 years of experience working on large-scale change initiatives in Banking or Payments working either directly or with a professional services firm
- Working knowledge of payment messaging standards in the financial services industry
- Familiarity with new and emerging digital payment capabilities, including mobile wallets and card tokenization schemes
- Familiarity with digital innovation and/or product development within a financial services institution
- Proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines and challenging, and sometimes shifting, constraints
- Experience in executing programs using Agile methodologies
- Preferred locations - Charlotte, Atlanta, Raleigh, Phoenix
We believe that the world needs technology to improve lives and deal with this century’s biggest challenges. We are passionate about helping our clients be part of that transformation.
At Levvel, you’ll work alongside top talent on a variety of projects. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to the earliest startups. We are looking for passionate people who want to sharpen their skills while also being exposed to all aspects of the business.
Working for Levvel provides opportunity for growth with access to senior leaders, mentors, and professional development opportunities. We also provide great benefits including:
401k matching up to 6%
4 weeks vacation
10 Paid Holidays
Health, dental, vision
Remote work flexibility
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer any immigration visas at this time.*
*Relocation assistance will not be offered at this time.*