Business Development Representative
Business Development – Business Development /
We are expanding our sales team and looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR). As a BDR at Levvel you will be just as comfortable cultivating relationships with potential buyers and influencers, as you are at ‘opening doors’ with potential prospects, all while developing leads that turn into sales. As a Levvel BDR you must maintain a strong, confident, and credible presence, and be comfortable networking and attending conferences.
At Levvel, we value collaboration. Our BDR’s work with stakeholders throughout the organization such as commercial leadership, account executives, marketing, business development peers, and delivery leadership.
As a BDR you will engage prospects over the phone, email, social media, and at times face-to-face, to qualify them for the next steps in the engagement cycle. Though the initial meeting is the critical first step, this is not a meeting booking role. You will be responsible for qualification that, at times, can be lengthy and complex. As a key member of the sales team you will work closely with all stakeholders throughout the organization and enjoy career development options within the company.
In 3 months, you will have successfully met with people from across the organization to understand Levvel, our mission, and our impact on our customers. You will have learned Levvel's sales process, our toolset, and the skills necessary to succeed. Within this time, as a new BDR you will meet regularly with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, and shadow current members of the sales team. You will begin regular cadences with business teams, the marketing team, sales peers, and others. As BDR you will have established the ability to engage in initial meetings without support, and will have completed a campaign with at least one cohort of external leads.
Within 6 months, as a successful BDR, you will consistently meet or exceed sales quotas, be able to assist in the development of best practices for lead generation, and work with sales and marketing to help create new campaigns to drive the pipeline. You will be seen as a trusted business advisor by prospects, as well as a trusted source of market information by your Levvel teammates. By this time, top-performing BDR’s are often consistently exceeding their goals.
As a rapidly growing organization, we offer a number of career paths for employees joining the organization as a BDR. Within the sales track, those include expanded responsibilities within the existing BDR role, business development management opportunities, and various account-related roles. Parallel tracks exist in areas such as Client Solutions and Project Management.
- Use prospecting tools, Zoominfo and LinkedIn Sales Navigator, to generate target lists, map accounts, and make connections
- Develop enterprise prospects through direct phone calls, emails and social media, and appropriate marketing channels
- Qualify potential customers, leveraging sales/marketing tools, qualification frameworks, and Levvel’s service portfolio
- Master the ability to socialize Levvel’s entire portfolio of service offerings
- Balance quantity and quality as the sales cycle and qualification process can be complex and lengthy, this is not just a meeting booking role
- Work with marketing to identify events and strategies that should be employed to improve the quantity and quality of lead generation
- Develop and build close relationships with prospects until they convert to leads
- Work with account managers (Directors and Senior Directors) to penetrate new accounts, identify potential customers, qualify and schedule presentations
- Keep informed on new products, services, and other general information of interest to customers, through successful completion of training and self-study
- Display self-function and focus to effectively manage an intense and high volume business; strong time management skills
- Achieve or exceed monthly and quarterly goals
- Comply with company policies and manage detailed records in our sales CRM
- Travel up to 25%, primarily for conferences and lead generation activities, 50% during peak conference seasons, spring and fall
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Experience engaging with technology professionals with a general understanding of the business, technology, and operations including knowledge of products and intermediary service providers
- 3+ years sales experience in a “hunter” role
- Experience working with a high volume of prospects, 100’s concurrently
- Strong messaging and corporate storytelling skills
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Expert working with sales tools, specifically, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Strong interest in the application of digital technologies in reimagining business and operating models
- Table tennis skills welcomed
Levvel is a fast growing consulting firm headquartered in Charlotte, NC with offices in Raleigh, Atlanta and Monterrey, Mexico.
We are not your typical consultancy that promises high level strategies, only to provide bloated project delivery teams. We are technologists that work with our customers to solve real business and technical problems using the right solution, not the one that happens to be convenient, familiar, or easy.
We don’t just believe that technology is changing the world, but that the world needs technology to improve lives and deal with this century’s biggest challenges. We are passionate about helping our clients be part of that transformation.
At Levvel you’ll work alongside other talented Consultants on a variety of projects. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies to the earliest startups. We help companies deliver features into production at a faster pace by leveraging modern techniques and technologies. We are looking for people who want to build incredible technical skills while also being exposed to all aspects of business.
Working for Levvel provides tons of opportunity for growth with access to senior leaders, technical mentors, and professional development opportunities. We also provide some great benefits, including:
401k matching up to 6%
4 weeks vacation
10 Paid Holidays
Health, dental, vision
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer any immigration visas at this time.*
*Relocation assistance will not be offered at this time.*