DevOps Engineer / Consultant
Liatrio is a boutique consulting firm aiming to help enterprises deliver software faster, safer and more efficiently. We do this by working with leadership and hands-on-keyboard engineers to uplift people and process. We have helped lead DevOps transformations in different industries anywhere from financial institutions to healthcare providers. We are a small company that makes a big impact, so put on your entrepreneur hat and get ready to innovate!
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for consultants and engineers who are passionate about the work they do and about helping enterprise clients. As we adapt to the needs of each client, we often take on different roles and call on different areas of our expertise and experience. As such, titles do not often incorporate all of the actual day-to-day work we do. Positions and titles are flexible based on the applicant.
Our roles usually correspond to industry titles like the following:
- Cloud Native Engineer (Associate / Senior / Principal)
- DevOps Consultant (Associate / Senior / Principal)
- DevOps Engineer (Associate / Senior / Principal)
- Dojo Coach (Associate / Senior / Principal)
- Solutions Architect / Technical Lead
Who You Are
Liatrio lives and breathes the following traits; people on our team tend to have a combination of the following qualities:
- Willingness and hunger to learn
- Devotion to open communication and transparency
- Value collaboration and willingness to share responsibilities across internal and client work
- Effectively communicate in difficult conversations
- Desire to solve complex problems - interpersonal, technical, and business
- Ability to acknowledge shortcomings and provide solutions
- Empathy towards others
- Appreciate mentoring and helping others grow
- Navigate ambiguity and frequent change
What You Do
We each bring varying degrees of knowledge to the table. Depending on your role, you will likely have experience in several of these areas, but not necessarily all of them. This is not a comprehensive list; there may be other equally valuable skills and experience you bring that are not listed here:
Application Development / SDLC / CI/CD
- Build systems such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps or GitLab
- Using modern source control management systems and branching strategies
Infrastructure Automation / Cloud
- Developing, managing and testing Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Cloud native technologies such as Kubernetes and Istio
- Observability through tools such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana or Zipkin
Coaching / Guiding
- Leading change to remove impediments (political, financial, mental, social) for the adoption of DevOps at all levels
- Helping teams implement solutions that will enable business objectives
- Guiding customers to support full end to end automation of software delivery (CI/CD)
- Training and mentoring others on building solutions and smart developer behaviors (CI/CD/DDD/TDD/BDD)
- Pushing patterns and practices to minimize future technical debt
Critical Thinking / Involvement
- Solving complex, hands-on challenges and performing research when dealing with unknowns
- Community contribution to open source projects, blogging or conference speaking
- Employment eligibility: must be authorized to work in the United States or Canada without the need for sponsorship.
- Travel availability: we divide our time between working remotely and visiting our client sites located throughout the U.S. For most roles, travel typically ranges from six times per year to a few weeks per month, depending on client need.
Liatrio is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and strive to create a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate, nor do we tolerate harassment, on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We want our process to be accessible for everyone. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact email@example.com.