Edmond, OK /
Finance – Payroll /
The Payroll Manager serves the financial and accounting needs of the church by overseeing the payroll process, personnel budgeting, and ensuring state and federal tax compliance.
Stat wizard. Data master. Payroll extraordinaire. You wear these titles with pride, because they’re skills God gave you. You care about the missing digits, the decimal points, and a balanced spreadsheet. Life.Church cares about numbers the same way you care about numbers, because to us, every number is a story. Numbers show us how God multiplies what we provide. And we’ve seen Him add those numbers up to things we could have never imagined were possible. That’s why we’re looking for someone like you. Someone who knows the bottom line is never measured in dollars—it’s measured in lives forever changed by the love of Christ.
The Payroll Team serves the payroll, accounting, and forecasting needs of Life.Church. We’re looking for a Payroll Manager with an exceptional degree of personal and professional integrity and a passionate desire to use their gifts to serve the Kingdom. If you enjoy problem-solving, critical thinking, and financial analysis, and you know how to see the big picture while keeping a close eye on details, keep reading!
We’ll smile if you:
- Have at least three years of experience in payroll
- Balance a high attention to detail with strategic analysis
- Can maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Love organization and are a highly efficient time manager
- Have excellent communication and relational skills and use them to lead others to meet a shared goal
- Naturally motivate yourself, work independently, and thrive in a collaborative team environment
You will be:
- Leading the payroll team by providing support and overall leadership for direct reports
- Monitoring and reviewing the overall payroll process and managing the personnel budgeting process
- Performing payroll reconciliations to the accounting system, tax submissions, budgeting system, and other third party reports monthly
- Acting as a system expert and leading the payroll team to offer organizational support for the systems
- Monitoring and ensuring timely identification and compliance with IRS requirements and managing quarterly and annual IRS reporting requirements
- Evaluating processes to assess effectiveness of internal controls and identify new operational efficiencies
We’ll high-five if you:
- Are a natural leader who's always looking for ways to keep growing and learning
- Are familiar with UltiPro, Sage Intacct, and Adaptive Insights
- Are overjoyed when numbers line up and balance
- Think it makes cents to use financial puns
To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, please view the job description here.
This role is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.