Social Media Strategist
Edmond, OK /
YouVersion – YouVersion Marketing /
The Social Media Strategist is primarily responsible for planning engaging social media strategies for the YouVersion Community.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The Social Media Strategist leads the social media team and works cross-functionally with graphic designers, video content creators, copywriters, marketing strategists, and other team members to execute these strategies. This role is also responsible for overseeing the social media editorial calendars, researching social media best practices and trends, managing the entire asset workflow from creation to publishing, and reporting on outcomes. This person plays a significant role in reflecting the YouVersion brand on social media, ensuring that the YouVersion Community is kept informed, and closely connected to and engaged with the Bible App.
What You'll Do
- Effectively develop and implement scalable strategies to drive social media engagement, growth, and brand affinity.
- Plan and curate social media content for a variety of platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok.
- Onboard and lead direct reports and volunteers by providing development opportunities, feedback, encouragement, and coaching.
- Collaborate across teams (Creative, Marketing, Spiritual Support) to create, implement, and oversee the YouVersion social media strategy.
- Support planned engagement campaigns with coordinated efforts with other content creators and project managers.
- Set and monitor KPIs (key performance indicators) for social media and routinely analyze channels and content mix to maximize performance.
- Evaluate the success of campaigns and recommend tweaks based on data.
- Oversee the execution of changes and communicate effectively to key stakeholders.
- Establish and/or generally oversee contracts or agreements intended to grow the Bible App’s social media presence (i.e., Influencer Marketing).
- Collaborate with the team to ensure proper brand usage during campaign initiatives.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Experience wearing both creative and analytical hats, putting forth best-in-class execution within a measurable and data-driven framework.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to manage conflict and differing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Ability to lead and develop others.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns.
- Experience with social media analytics metrics and resources.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of work-related experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.