Edmond, OK /
Creative Media – Creative Media /
The Filmmaker role is primarily responsible for shooting and editing video content for Life.Church ministries.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Creative Media Group consists of five individual teams—Content Development, Graphic Design & Photography, Production, Filmmaking, and Creative Strategies. These teams work closely and collaboratively to ensure every ministry at Life.Church has the creative resources they need to thrive. We know a brand is about more than colors and logos; it’s about building trust. That's why we are a laser-focused ministry that uses our creative gifts to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
The Filmmaker will participate in all creative meetings, develop a storyboard for projects, and manage the day-of production initiatives. The Filmmaker will also support specific Life.Church ministries and assist other creative staff on ongoing projects.
What You'll Do
- Participate in all creative, pre-production planning development meetings (brainstorms, script read-throughs, casting sessions, etc.)
- Develop a road map and storyboard for how the project will be captured.
- Organize equipment before production to ensure all is available and in working order.
- Collaborate with the Production Team on casting, determining locations, props, and wardrobe, and requesting additional elements as necessary.
- Manage the day-of productions by directing actors and talent and arranging lighting and sound with the Sound Producer. Capture all footage while directing additional camera crew, if needed.
- Review and edit all footage, supporting effects, and animations.
- Collaborate with the team to incorporate required supporting media.
- Attend footage previews and review feedback, incorporating it into the final product.
- Manage the exportation of the final master file to the archives.
- Act as filmmaking representative for specific ministries as assigned.
- Support other creative staff on projects by acting as crew when needed.
- When applicable, provide feedback, advice, and training to develop other filmmakers.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster partnerships.
- Effective at process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Portfolio of experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a portfolio or a link to your past work when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.