Director of Analytics and Decision Support
YouVersion – YouVersion Data /
The Director of Analytics and Decision Support is primarily responsible for building the strategy (people, process, and technology) that provide insights and analytics that enable YouVersion to make data-driven decisions. This includes coaching and leading a team of analysts to develop strategic analysis initiatives and develop key metrics to improve product planning while monitoring and analyzing the day-to-day use of the YouVersion family of apps.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
This role acts as the subject matter expert in designing and recommending appropriate analytical approaches and methodologies used to define and understand key performance indicators.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate on the overall leadership and direction of the Growth and Data team.
- Lead and provide support for direct reports through coaching and setting expectations.
- Provide vision, direction, and resources for implementing key strategies.
- Provide guidance and support in helping set and maintain the department budget.
- Think strategically about the future of YouVersion based on deep research and data-driven insights to influence team decisions.
- Leverage data to make decisions, influence partners and move the business forward.
- Conduct regular research on the latest analytical tool release, suggesting improvements as needed.
- Act as the subject matter expert on designing, conducting, and reviewing analyses.
- Oversee project management processes, ensuring appropriate timelines are set, and objectives are being met.
- Take end-to-end ownership to lead cross-functional partners through analytical projects independently.
- Help the organization scale.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent at data analytics with the ability to glean insights and make recommendations from large data sets using data science, analytic tools, and scientific methods.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems with innovation.
- Effective at multitasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible, fun to work with, and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster partnerships with appropriate communication depending on the audience.
- Effective process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or a related field.
- 3-5 years experience in data analytics, business analysis, and/or strategy.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Analytics Tools (GA4, Tableua, Amplitude, Mixpanel, etc.) proficiency preferred.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.