Senior Site Reliability (DevOps) Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Open Network /
The Senior Site Reliability(DevOps) Engineer will improve current systems and implement new solutions to ensure reliability and enhancement of services which serve the global Church.
You didn’t choose a career in tech because you want to maintain the status quo—you chose it because you’re an innovator. When people around you are content to merely point out problems, you don’t stop until you find solutions better than the ones they hope for. And you won’t settle for using your skills to do anything less than change the world. Life.Church is where your talents and passions meet. We’re a team of collaborators who challenge each other, push each other, and encourage each other to succeed. Are you ready to be a part of what God is doing here?
Software is the modern building block of businesses, apps, services, investments, innovations, and bottom lines, and Life.Church is the leading the way in leveraging software and technology to share Christ’s love with the world. We’re adding a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to our Open Network Team to help us ensure the reliability and continual enhancement of the services that we run for the benefit of the global Church, for example the Church Online Platform.
Do you have skills to see the big picture? Can you organize technical chaos and ensure infrastructure stability? Are you passionate about helping churches around the world reach more people? Then come step into your calling at Life.Church.
- Experienced(7+ years) in IT with at least 4 years in a direct site reliability, DevOps, or systems engineering role
- Able to collaborate with mission-driven teams and advise other Site Reliability Engineers as we strive to improve current systems and implement new solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in most, and expert in at least three, engineering systems: Kubernetes(GKE), Service Meshes(Istio),Infrastructure as Code(Terraform), Linux, Redis, PostgresSQL, CI/CD, and Prometheus
- Experienced developing applications and infrastructure monitoring tools and systems
- Well-versed in internet protocols(TCP, IP, IPSEC, UDP, DNS, etc.)
- A strong critical thinker who excels at spotting patterns and solving problems
- Be responsible for availability, latency, and performance of our applications
- Implement best practices in security, change management, configuration management, monitoring, disaster recovery and capacity planning
- Drive tooling/automation of our infrastructure and deployment workflows
- Apply software engineering principles to fix operational problems
You'll thrive here if you:
- Have a strong desire to serve Christ and help others engage in God's Word
- Understand risk management and possess situational awareness to gauge when it's appropriate to slow down and plan meticulously versus when it's better to move fast and improve along the way
- Can hold your own in the great Star Wars vs. Star Trek debate
This position is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK. Relocation assistance is available. Remote work may be considered for candidates with a proven record of working remotely for the same organization.
To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, please view the job description here.
This role is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.