Senior Software Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Interactive /
The Interactive Senior Software Engineer is primarily responsible for developing software for each platform and product they support and will approve code created by junior or mid-level engineers.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Interactive Team leverages technology to reach people worldwide, connecting them to our ministry and each other through our website, apps, and all Life.Church locations. Our apps serve our attenders by connecting them with our church and helping facilitate their growth as a fully devoted follower of Christ. It doesn't get much better than that!
The Interactive Senior Software Engineer will partner with other engineers to offer guidance on best practices and ensure that tasks are well thought out and documented and that the team has the same technical strategy.
What You'll Do
- Develop organizational software by using the appropriate tools and techniques for each platform in span of care.
- Collaborate with various teams and team members to determine the technical approach and organize development plans.
- Evaluate the complexity of tasks and provide realistic estimates on effort and completion time.
- Manage the release process of any software changes.
- Oversee contractors, vendors, and/or volunteers who are working within the domain of Life.Church products.
- Provide support to other Interactive engineers through code and architectural reviews.
- Partner with junior and mid-level engineers to offer training and guidance on best practices.
- Help ensure that other engineers are moving in the same technical direction.
- Maintain strategic outlook to plan for future development of processes and team.
- Provide technical support on escalated software issues.
- Own technical design for projects and understands and articulates the tradeoffs in creating high-quality software.
- Research industry best practices and new technologies or tools that could be implemented at Life.Church.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to completing assignments accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
- Clearly explain complicated and detailed processes in a concise and simple way.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a portfolio or a link to your past work when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.