Senior Software Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Interactive /
The Interactive Senior Software Engineer will take ownership of digital projects to create simple, clean code that powers new product features, as well as refactoring and improving existing code.
You’ve got skills. You’re motivated. You’ve got a passion to see people come to know Christ. All you’ve been missing is a place to put all of it together. Life.Church could be that place. God brings people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences here, but He does it because we all have one thing in common: we won’t stop until every person on this Earth knows the love of Jesus. Ministry might not have been the first stop on your road map, but if you’ve been praying to put your skills to work alongside a team of Kingdom-minded, sold-out, on-fire believers, we’ve got good news. You’re on the right path.
The Life.Church Interactive Team is looking for a forward-thinking senior software engineer who will work on a variety of projects, used by many thousands of people. Your domain of expertise will reach from back-end to web to mobile apps to the next technology that becomes the new best way to help Life.Church attenders, volunteers, and staff members better find and follow Christ. Technology moves quickly and so do we, so the ideal candidate is creative and ready to help forge new paths as part of a team focused on serving the church with excellent, modern software.
If you have a full-stack mentality and the willingness to jump in and execute on any problem thrown at you, read on to see if you might be the perfect fit for this role!
Who you are:
- A digital native who is passionate about leveraging technology to serve the local church
- Focused on the details while understanding the importance of shipping high quality software products
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, flexible deadlines, and constantly doing new things
- A strong time manager with the organizational skills to drive projects to completion
- An excellent communicator, leader, presenter, and collaborator who works well with team members representing product, design, web development, and product marketing
What you'll do:
- Join a fast-moving team passionate about innovating and creating the best software we can, for the sake of the greatest mission there is
- Be part of a team who cares about you and your personal growth and development
- Design, build, and own various services and APIs—from their conception to production and maintenance
- Solve unique problems as you work between product and infrastructure
- Create simple, clean code to power new product features, as well as refactor and improve existing code when things get a little too hairy
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
When you join the Life.Church team, our prayer is that your family will be closer, your leadership will be sharper, your finances will be stronger, your faith will be deeper, and your heart will be larger. And while the biggest perk to working at Life.Church is doing work that makes an eternal difference, you'll find that's not the only benefit we offer:
Flexible paid time off
Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision coverage
Generous employer 401K contribution match
Casual dress code
Professional development funds