Associate Operations Pastor
United States /
Operations – Campus Operations /
The Associate Operations Pastor is primarily responsible for coordinating campus operations, providing support to staff and attenders, and leading volunteer teams.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
On the Operations Team, we believe every detail matters because every person matters! We help people identify the next step God has in store for them by managing the church's day-to-day operations, events, and details to celebrate with people as they grow in their faith.
The Associate Operations Pastor is primarily responsible for coordinating all campus operations at a physical location, providing support to staff and attenders, and leading volunteer teams to execute initiatives at their location. The Associate Operations Pastor is responsible for the day-to-day operations at the campus and provides support to campus leadership and attendees. Additionally, this role leads the Operations volunteer team. The Associate Operations Pastor is also responsible for leading events and special projects assigned to their campus. The Associate Campus Pastor receives personal instruction, opportunities for observation, and hands-on experience from a mentor Operations Pastor.
What You'll Do
- Pastor and engage with attenders and volunteers through meetings, phone calls, and other means of communication.
- Help schedule and appropriately coordinate the campus calendar's planning process appropriately to leverage upcoming opportunities like weekend services, message series, events, projects, and holidays.
- Oversee and manage the follow-up process for first-time guests, commitments and recommitments to Christ, prayer requests, serving inquiries, and campus sign-ups.
- Lead through the promotion, sign-up, facilitation, and follow-up processes for campus-wide events such as Baptism, Known, Product Sales, Serving Push Weekends, etc.
- Maintain facility operations through vendor relationships (janitorial, landscaping, HVAC, general repairs).
- Motivate and inspire others to volunteer through serving opportunities.
- Recruit, onboard, develop, and pastor volunteers and key leaders.
- Manage volunteer communication, scheduling, and provide a span of care for the team.
- Facilitate orientation meetings for new volunteers and encourage them toward the best fit.
- Ensure the team has the resources and proper training to follow through with the vision of the Operations Team (Administration Team, Facilities Team, Events Team, Safety Team, Accounting Team, Product Sales Team, and Prayer Team).
- Manage volunteer applications and reports, and follow screening processes.
- Partner with Central Operations to be equipped, resourced, and trained to execute the role's responsibilities.
- Partner with Central Finance and help equip campus leaders to execute the quarterly budget.
- Meet communication standards, execute strategies, and plan campus-wide communication.
- Coordinate contract security for weekend services and events.
- Ensure best practices and follow procedures for tithes and offerings, purchasing card reports, creative media, and legal and risk awareness.
- Learn and utilize systems and software to support attenders, volunteers, and campus needs.
- Manage vendor accounts and ensure campus-wide supplies are maintained.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Have a strong ability to inspire, motivate, and develop team members and volunteer leaders.
- Must exemplify a high level of customer service.
- Have an eye for details and the capacity to see the big picture.
- Ability to thrive when leading, delegating, and organizing all things operations.
- Understand how to communicate with an array of personnel effectively.
- Basic understanding of budget/fiscal management.
- Effective at multi-tasking, time management, and following up.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in an office environment with office equipment and supplies.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Maintain composure during stressful situations.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Up to 12 months of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
At Life.Church, we are passionate about reaching more people in more communities. We hire new team members to begin their journey at an existing Life.Church location so they can learn the culture and systems of our church from experienced pastors already on the team. Our hope is, as we continue to launch new locations, we can send pastors who are ready to lead on day one because of what they’ve learned at an existing location in preparation.
Check out the list of current locations and the cities we’re exploring or considering for future locations. We’d love to discuss which locations you are interested in.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.