Global Volunteer Project Manager
Edmond, OK /
YouVersion – YouVersion Global Impact /
The Localization Project Manager is primarily responsible for fulfilling the localization needs of YouVersion by managing the end-to-end localization process.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The Localization Project Manager works closely with various YouVersion teams to identify localization needs. This role will oversee volunteers and work with contractors to ensure all localization projects are effectively rolled out and produce the desired outcome.
What You'll Do
- Oversee volunteers and work with contractors to ensure all localization projects are effectively rolled out and produce the desired outcome.
- Review all localization requests, prep assignments, and determine appropriate deadlines and resources to meet the needs of all internal stakeholders.
- Communicate assignments to volunteer translators in a clear and succinct manner that inspires action and work with language team leads to prioritize projects appropriately.
- Proactively follow up on deadlines, employ all tactics necessary to ensure projects are completed on time, and communicate project status to assignment requester.
- Manage internal review and testing; regularly collaborate with staff to prepare, communicate, and follow up on testing assignments.
- Plan and implement innovative communications, events, test projects, etc., to drive growth in volunteer team capacity.
- Update and/or create current project-related web pages and training videos as needed.
- Become an expert in Crowdin by maintaining glossaries, effectively leveraging Translation Memory, creating new projects, sharing tips and best practices with volunteers, and working with Crowdin support to address bugs and feature requests.
- Advocate for localization and the needs of our global community in cross-functional team meetings.
- Maintain the localization request system and look for ways to improve all tools and processes used to meet the localization needs of each team at YouVersion.
- Maintain regular communication with all internal stakeholders to anticipate and plan for upcoming localization requests.
- Partner with other Localization Project Managers to efficiently divide the work of the team while sufficiently cross-training to fill in or shift responsibilities as needed.
- Work with outside vendors to complete assignments and/or troubleshoot issues.
- Meet regularly with the YouVersion Volunteer Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to discuss volunteer needs.
- Identify and oversee the completion of tasks delegated to Localization Contractors.
- Monitor hours billed by Localization Contractors, help prioritize tasks, and process-related invoices.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Maintain flexibility and initiate the creation of new processes and project strategies.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Ability to take a great vision and turn it into reality through strategic execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Volunteer management experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience in project management and/or localization.
- Proficiency in a second language preferred.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.