Engineering Leadership Program Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Digital Technology /
The Life.Church Engineering Leadership Program Engineer is an early career engineer who will collaborate with and develop under some of the top leaders in the software industry.
You didn’t choose a career in tech because you want to maintain the status quo—you chose it because you’re an innovator. When people around you are content to merely point out problems, you don’t stop until you find solutions better than the ones they hope for. And you won’t settle for using your creativity to do anything less than change the world. Life.Church is where your talents and passions meet. We’re a team of collaborators who challenge each other, push each other, and encourage each other to succeed. Are you ready to be a part of what God is doing here?
The Life.Church digital teams, who create products like the YouVersion Bible App, the Open Network, and the Church Online Platform, are continuing to grow. We’re always looking for leaders to develop spiritually, personally, and professionally. The Life.Church Engineering Leadership Program is an 18 month-long program where you will get to grow your skills under some of the best leaders and engineers in the industry and create technology that will make a global impact on one of our digital teams.
Who you are:
- Naturally inquisitive and excited to create new methodologies and systems
- A team player, looking to maximize efforts through collaboration
- A problem-solver, a hurdle-jumper, a barrier-smasher
- Self-motivated and excels in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
What you'll do:
- Develop your engineering skills during an 18-month program to improve your skill level from junior to mid-level engineer
- Work with and support Life.Church engineering teams on a variety of projects and products
- Partner with an engineering coach for learning
- Operate quickly, learn from failures, and iterate during the process from communicating ideas to proof of concept
Bonus points if you:
- Are proficient in HTML and CSS
- Have experience coding with Ruby, Python, Java, and/or other general-purpose programming languages
To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, please view the job description here.
This position is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.
The Life.Church Engineering Program is a partnership between teams that create:
-The YouVersion Bible App, which has been installed nearly half a billion times
-The Bible App for Kids, which has been downloaded on 16 million devices
-Apps and websites like Open Network, the Church Online Platform, and the Life.Church app, which serve millions of people every day