Accounts Payable Coordinator
Finance – Accounts Payable /
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting the daily administration of staff expense reports, Pcards, benevolence, and vendor invoices through the Accounts Payable system Coupa and managing the weekend contractor payment process.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Finance Team partners with the organization to facilitate the financial reporting needs of Life.Church, including payroll, accounts payable, giving operations, accounting, forecasting, and data analytics. We equip the organization with the tools needed to plan for, understand, and steward the resources God has provided for our ministry.
This role will manage the Pcard program to ensure accurate coding, appropriate documentation and support, and that purchases follow Life.Church policies. The Accounts Payable Coordinator is also responsible for managing vendor relations, processing weekly payments, and assisting the Accounts Payable team in monthly financial close processes. This role is responsible for providing operational and administrative support in coordination with their team’s efforts to further Life.Church’s mission and reach people for Christ.
What You'll Do
- Review invoices to ensure proper coding is used for expense accounts and the accuracy of data entry points and amounts.
- Input invoices into the AP system, Coupa, and route them to the correct parties for approvals and payments.
- Process weekly checks, ACH, and credit card payments to vendors and contractors.
- Process benevolence requests, ensuring accuracy and compliance with Life.Church’s policies.
- Maintain department email inbox and phone lines, responding to questions and other inquiries.
- Support the Accounts Payable volunteer team by maintaining volunteer records and relationships, along with recruitment, development, and training of volunteers.
- Manage staff Pcards by ordering and distributing new cards for new staff, processing limit increase requests, and canceling for exiting staff.
- Connect with banking representatives to discuss any issues, changes, or updates with Pcards or the online banking system.
- Assist staff and vendors with questions or issues within Coupa, provide guidance on policies and best practices, and provide help with Pcard issues or the online banking platform.
- Review expense reports for coding accuracy, proper receipts, approvals, and ensure that purchases adhere to Life.Church’s policies.
- Assist with obtaining and maintaining accurate vendor and contractor records.
- Provide guidance to staff on submitting invoices to Coupa and communicate the invoice, approval, and payment processes to staff and suppliers.
- Review vendor statements and request copies of outstanding invoices as needed.
- Connect with Campus staff to ensure timely submission and approval of invoices and weekend contractor submissions.
- Assist vendors with payment issues, payment method updates, and guidance on submitting invoices in Coupa.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Effective at multi-tasking, time management, and follow-up to meet committed timelines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and problem-solve.
- Strong guest relations and hospitality skills.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.