Hardware Support Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – IT /
The Hardware Support Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, configuring, installing, and supporting the computer hardware solutions at Life.Church.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The IT Team equips the Life.Church staff with the resources and technology that allow the team to know people, tell their stories, and invite others to use their gifts to build the church. We work to empower ministry through the use of technology.
The Hardware Support Engineer is primarily responsible for designing, configuring, installing, and supporting the computer hardware solutions for Life.Church staff members and the weekend experience.
What You'll Do
- Provide hardware support to our staff that includes configuration of computers for all staff, managing our life cycle replacement program, campus launches, in-person support at the IT Help Desk, and weekend technical support across all locations.
- Ensure hardware reliability by resolving tickets, working with contractors and vendors, all while providing excellent communication to our staff.
- Invite volunteers to use their gifts and skills in technology to move the mission forward through campus launch installs and technology deployment.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to completing assignments accurately, thoroughly, and in a timely manner.
- Clearly explain complicated and detailed processes concisely.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to both collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
- Proficiency in the use of power tools for complex installation of IT hardware.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits that allows staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401k retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.