Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Open Network /
The Software Engineer will develop software and services to equip churches and ministries worldwide with tools and resources that accelerate their ministry impact.
You’ve got skills. You’re motivated. You’ve got a passion to see people come to know Christ. All you’ve been missing is a place to put all of it together. God brings people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences here, but He does it because we all have one thing in common: We won’t stop until every person on this Earth knows the love of Jesus. Ministry might not have been the first stop on your career road map, but if you’ve been praying to put your skills to work alongside a team of Kingdom-minded, sold-out, on-fire believers, we’ve got good news. You’re on the right path.
The Life.Church Open Network Team is looking for a Software Engineer to help develop software and services that equip churches worldwide with free resources to help them accelerate their ministry impact. The ideal candidate is creative and ready to help forge new paths as part of a team focused on serving the global Church with excellent, modern digital tools and resources. Do you want to use your coding skills on products which every month directly benefit thousands of churches, and millions of people? Then keep reading to see if this role is a perfect fit for you!
- Great at solving large, complicated, brain-melting technology problems, whether on web browsers or on Kubernetes
- Skilled in managing time, details, and deadlines with a brain that works at warp speed
- Willing to do anything short of sin to help the “capital C” Church
- Consistently seeking to learn and grow personally and professionally
- Plan, build, and deliver highly scalable software and services to meet the demand of our worldwide users
- Engage as an active contributor within our agile development process
- Collaborate with design, platform, and product teams to ensure the continuous delivery of high quality and reliable software
- Take ownership of projects and oversee them with minimal direction
- Manage schedules and duties to efficiently meet the needs of the organization in the pursuit of helping others to become fully devoted followers of Christ
- Solid experience with React, Rails, Postgres, BigQuery, and/or GKE
- At least five years working on an agile software team
The cherry on top
- Chrome looks odd to you if the debugger tools aren't open
- Brewing your morning coffee requires at least seven different apparatuses, none of which is a coffee maker
The Life.Church Open Network Team provides free resources, training, and apps to more than 600,000 pastors and church leaders around the world, allowing them to focus on building relationships in their church and community. We also design, build and run the Church Online Platform, our free SAAS product used by thousands of churches weekly to build community at their online services.
This position is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK