Financial Planning & Analysis Leader
Finance – Finance /
The Financial Planning & Analysis Leader is responsible for guiding the financial planning and strategic analysis of Life.Church. With strong financial acumen, forecasting, and a profound understanding of the overall operations, this role is instrumental in transforming the overarching strategy into a long-range plan. Through data-driven decisions, the FP&A team will help shape the future of Life.Church.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
What You'll Do
- Partner with leadership to develop mid-to-long-range financial and strategic plans.
- Lead a team to build and maintain sophisticated financial models to support decision-making processes and predict future giving, costs, and growth.
- Lead a team to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial dashboards and reporting, providing insightful analysis and strategy.
- Provide recommendations to leadership on potential investments, capital expenditures, and resource allocation based on in-depth analyses.
- Work closely with leaders across the organization, providing them with relevant financial data and insights, identifying and comprehending issues, and contributing to strategic direction.
- Engage in special projects with leadership, ensuring the financial strategy of each project is sound and viable.
- Mentor, train, and develop the FP&A team, fostering a culture of continuous learning, growth, and excellence.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and drive change through influence.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster partnerships.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and forecasting.
- Expertise in financial software and tools such as Excel, SQL, Tableau, and FP&A-specific platforms.
- Excel at multitasking, time and process management, follow-up, and ensuring team members are doing the same.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or a related field.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis roles, with a proven track record of leadership.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.