Campus Safety Coordinator
Edmond, OK /
Logistics – Security & Campus Safety Operations /
The Campus Safety Coordinator will plan, direct, and execute operational activities related to the security of Life.Church locations, such as training staff and working with local law enforcement.
We come from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds here at Life.Church, and many of us had never worked for a church until we found our calling here. We all believe we’re called to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ; we believe we’re infinitely better together than we are apart. Are you ready to be part of the incredible things God’s doing here?
The Life.Church Security and Campus Safety Operations Team is looking for a Campus Safety Coordinator to plan, direct, and execute operational activities related to the security of some of our campuses. If you have a passion for safety and security and you want to use your skills to create safe environments where people can experience the love of Christ, keep reading!
You’ll fit right in if you are:
- A top-notch written and verbal communicator
- A great administrator with exceptional computer skills
- Adaptable to change, remaining resilient and flexible when things don’t go according to plan
- Vision-focused and strategy-minded
- Well-versed in safety and security
- An effective communicator who has the ability to inspire others to take action
- A problem-solver who can stay incredibly positive in the face of uncertainty
You will be:
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and communicating safety and security policies and procedures
- Training Life.Church team members in safety and security protocols
- Coordinating contract security officers at campus locations, as well as working with local law enforcement in surrounding communities
- Providing oversight of our internal incident reporting system
- Consistently monitoring risk and potential security threats
- Developing emergency management plans for campuses
- Occasionally fulfilling other duties of the Campus Safety Manager
Your preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in a field related to a first responder profession, including fire and EMS service, law enforcement, or other security-related function
- An ability to acquire and maintain an Armed Security Guard License
- Current service or past experience in law enforcement
- Personal and executive protection experience
For bonus points, you:
- Love it when a map has clearly marked arrows leading to exit points
- Are on a first-name basis with every police officer, firefighter, and first responder in your community
This is a full-time position located at our Central Support offices in Edmond, OK. Please note that this role will include travel outside of the Oklahoma City area. The hours for this role are typically 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday, but there are responsibilities that will require this role to be available after hours and on weekends at times.
To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, please view the job description here.