Digerati Software Engineer - Giving Platform
Digerati – Interactive
The Digerati Software Engineer will own the UI work and back-end APIs and services that power our giving system—the tool we use to empower attenders to put God first in their finances.
You didn’t choose a career in tech because you want to maintain the status quo—you chose it because you’re an innovator. When people around you are content to merely point out problems, you don’t stop until you find solutions better than the ones they hope for. And you won’t settle for using your creativity to do anything less than change the world. Life.Church is where your talents and passions meet. We’re a team of collaborators who challenge each other, push each other, and encourage each other to succeed. Are you ready to be a part of what God is doing here?
Technology moves quickly and so do we. The Life.Church Interactive Team is looking for a creative forward-thinking software engineer who’s ready to help forge new paths as part of a team focused on serving the church with excellent, modern software. We’re seeking the right person to own UI work as well as back-end APIs and services that power our giving system—the tool we use to empower attenders to tithe and give back to God through the local church.
If you have a full-stack mentality and the willingness to jump in and execute on any problem thrown at you, read on to see if you might be the perfect fit for this role.
- A digital native who is passionate about leveraging technology to serve the local church
- Someone who sleeps better at night knowing your code is tested
- Focused on the details while understanding the importance of shipping
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, flexible deadlines, and constantly trying out new ideas
- Join a fast-moving team passionate about innovation and creating the best software we can, for the sake of the greatest mission there is
- Be part of a team who cares about you and your personal growth and development
- Design, build, and own various services and APIs—from their conception to production and maintenance
- Solve unique problems as you work between product and infrastructure
- Create simple, clean code to power new product features, as well as refactor and improve existing code when things get a little too hairy
- Familiarity with modern automated testing setups, CI systems, and ongoing monitoring
- Created great software with polished interfaces on mobile devices (iOS or Android) and Web (with and without Angular, React, and Rails)
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- An understanding of API design, distributed back-end systems, and containers
- Strong Ruby and/or React skills, preferably with more than three years’ experience
- A deep desire to make excellent software for the glory of God and the benefit of his global church
The cherry on top:
- Simplicity is your goal – even when it takes more work to achieve that goal
- You enjoy a continuous integration workflow with zero-downtime deploys
- You get really annoyed at poorly designed software, and know how to fix it!
This is a full-time position located at our Central Support offices in Edmond, OK. #ZR