Edmond, OK /
YouVersion – YouVersion Marketing /
The YouVersion Product/Marketing Copywriter is primarily responsible for developing marketing copy that supports product teams and connects with the YouVersion target audiences.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The YouVersion Product/Marketing Copywriter will work with the Marketing, Creative, and Product teams to create engaging and effective digital marketing campaigns and UX copy for the global YouVersion community. This role will also create and review YouVersion user stories for external use.
What You'll Do
- Create short-form persuasive copy to be used in digital marketing campaigns and platform updates.
- Review the core message and target audience for each assigned asset.
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with designers and marketing strategists.
- Create the initial copy for digital marketing assets and UX updates.
- Modify copy under the direction of the Director of Brand Voice.
- Become an expert in YouVersion’s brand guidelines, style guide, and content types.
- Develop and test messaging across social media, micro-sites, app store events, digital ad platforms, etc.
- Partner with other teams such as PR, Product, and Growth teams to creatively scale the YouVersion brand.
- Stay up to date with current digital advertising and marketing trends.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- A strong portfolio that showcases your experience and ability to create world-class copy for a variety of deliverables, including digital advertising, UX/UI, marketing campaigns, app store events, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Effective at multi‐tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills that align with the YouVersion brand voice.
- Ability to connect with, understand, and create copy for nuanced audiences.
- Ability to self‐motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to manage conflict and differing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a link to recent writing samples when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.