YouVersion Localization Project Manager
Digerati – YouVersion
The Localization Project Manager will lead all day-to-day efforts that ensure the Bible App and other YouVersion products feel like they were created especially for our global community.
God has placed you on the earth for a reason, at this crucial moment in time. With the smartest tech at our fingertips and more distractions vying for our attention than ever before, the need for the Bible has never been greater. If you’re looking for a place you can combine the skills God has given you with your passion to see people engage with His Word in new ways, the YouVersion Team is the place to start.
The YouVersion Bible App provides our global community the opportunity to read the Bible in over 1,300 different languages and interact with the app interface in more than 60 languages, allowing millions of people to draw closer to God through His Word every day in the language they know best. YouVersion’s Global Impact Team is passionate about working with generous partners and volunteers around the world to continue providing the Bible App in more and more languages.
We’re seeking a Localization Project Manager to lead all day-to-day efforts that ensure the Bible App and other YouVersion products feel like they were created especially for our global community. By wielding the powers of a cloud-based translation management system, effective communication in Slack with hundreds of volunteers, and project management tools to juggle dozens of projects, you can ensure our international community has a Bible engagement experience that feels like it was created just for them.
You'll fit right in if you:
- Are a master at multi-tasking who can juggle dozens of complex projects simultaneously
- Have an eye for details, anticipating localization issues, and spotting errors in file review and beta testing
- Work well as part of a cross-functional team by proactively seeking out assignments, collaborating on deadline-driven projects, and staying flexible in a fast-paced, adaptive environment
- Mobilize and inspire people to complete assignments on time by helping them to prioritize deadlines
- Communicate processes and best practices clearly and effectively to non-native English speakers and those new to localization
- Are skilled in preparing reports and analyzing data to identify areas in a team or process that need to be addressed
- Have experience managing contractors and delegating assignments to them
You'll work well if you:
- Have a deep appreciation for diversity in languages and cultures, especially ones you’re not fluent in or native to
- Are a natural problem-solver, eager to jump in and help translators and developers answer questions and find resourceful solutions
- Are inclined to action and can successfully implement ideas with little direction
- Easily pick up new systems and tools with a knack for finding ways to improve or streamline them
- Jump right into big, technical concepts that can move the mission forward—even when it’s hard to wrap your mind around them
- Are a natural collaborator who lives to exchange ideas and apply them to your work and leadership
- Enjoy building relationships in entirely digital spaces and with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
Bonus points if you:
- Speak multiple languages, including English
- Have experience with translation management systems and CAT tools
- Have worked with volunteers in any capacity
- Know the differences between localization vs. translation and languages vs. locales
This role is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.