Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Interactive /
At Life.Church we believe our jobs are a calling. We are passionate about using our talents for God’s purposes and that’s why we’ve dedicated our careers to a ministry, not just a job title. We are risk-taking, irrationally generous spiritual contributors who bring our best, laugh hard, and honor God with integrity. Our life and our work are centered around one thing: leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
The Life.Church Interactive Engineering team is looking for a forward-thinking software engineer with a passion for Android application development to serve as a Mobile App Engineer. As part of our mission to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ, the Interactive Engineering team seeks to provide ways for people to engage with church and be the church during all 168 hours of the week, not just on the weekend. This role will primary focus on moving our Android applications toward this goal.
- A part of a team that cares about you and your personal growth and development
- Contributing to all aspects of development on our engineering team helping to drive enhancements to our Android applications
- Creating simple, clean code to power new product features, as well as refactoring and improving existing code when things get a little too hairy
- Working closely with design and UX team members to quickly iterate on getting new features released
- Testing, debugging, and maintaining software throughout the product lifecycle
You’ll fit right in if you are:
- A digital native who is passionate about leveraging technology to serve the local church
- Excited about building awesome mobile apps for a variety of tablets and smartphones
- Interested in exploring the unique challenges of large-scale mobile apps
- Great at solving large, complicated, and difficult technology problems
- Looking to dedicate your life to something that is making a difference on a global scale
- Ready to work alongside a fantastic team in an agile environment to do whatever it takes to make the team successful
You’ll work well if you have:
- Experience with Android technologies (Java, Android SDKs, etc)
- One or more applications published in the Google Play Store
- Familiarity working with Git
- Strong time management and organizational skills to drive projects to completion
- Worked on an agile team before
The cherry on top
- You have a focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Have experience in Ruby, Python, PHP, or Go
- Enjoy a continuous integration workflow
To view the expectations and responsibilities of this role, please view the job description here.
This is a full-time position located at our Central Support offices in Edmond, OK.