Childcare Teacher: Full-Time
Edmond, OK /
Learning & Development – StaffKids /
The Childcare Teacher is primarily responsible for providing care for children while maintaining a safe and secure environment.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The StaffKids Team is dedicated to providing excellent childcare for Life.Church staff members in the Oklahoma City metro area. We get to work with some of the most extraordinary kids on the planet from infancy to Pre-k. We strive for solid and meaningful connections with parents and help them focus on their calling while we love on their kiddos.
The Childcare Teacher will assist with the development and teaching of a spiritually-based, age‐appropriate curriculum. The Childcare Teacher will also monitor children for health, behavioral, and/or emotional issues, and will partner with parents or other educators to develop the child.
What You'll Do
- Maintain awareness of Department of Human Services (DHS) requirements and regulations for childcare settings.
- Provide care for and development of children through lesson planning and curriculum execution.
- Introduce and implement good hygiene and personal grooming practices for children.
- Maintain a physically and emotionally safe environment for children.
- Develop and encourage age‐appropriate, spiritually-based learning and socialization plans.
- Regularly coordinate and perform proper sanitation practices for classrooms, common areas, and toys.
- Partner with parents or other educators to assist children in progressing toward educational, behavioral, and spiritual goals.
- Monitor children for health, behavioral, and/or emotional issues, reporting concerns to leader and parents or educators.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to self‐motivate, make independent decisions with decisiveness, and problem-solve.
- Maintain flexibility and patience while embracing change.
- Communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and differing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Strong attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.