Director of Stewardship Engagement
YouVersion – YouVersion Development /
The YouVersion Director of Stewardship Engagement is primarily responsible for fostering donor relationships and implementing systems and campaigns that engage donors at all levels. This role will strategically shape briefs, workflows, and stories to enhance the generosity impact of the Donor Development ministry.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him and drawing closer every day.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that provides exceptional donor care to those who join us in making the Bible available to everyone, everywhere, every day.
- Leverage data to develop and implement a strategic communication plan that invites others to join us in ministry through their generosity and expresses gratitude to those who do.
- Partner with leadership to establish goals and measure the success of all aspects of our communication and donor development strategies.
- Provide strategic leadership that accomplishes goals through collaboration with multiple teams.
- Gather and strategically share stories of life change and impact happening through the YouVersion ministry.
- Identify and develop opportunities to accelerate or expand the reach of the YouVersion family of apps that can be shared with givers and potential givers.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- An assertive, strategic thinker with the ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems with innovation.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain and foster partnerships.
- Effective at process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Maintain flexibility and initiate processes and projects while exemplifying a high level of customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.