Creative Media – Creative Media /
The Photographer is primarily responsible for managing all photography needs for the organization by defining subjects, locations, and the overall direction of the project. This role will also coordinate a team of contractors and/or volunteers by identifying, training, and coordinating contractors/volunteers on projects.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Creative Media Group consists of six individual teams—Content Development, Graphic Design and Photography, Production, Filmmaking, Global Arts, and Creative Strategies. These teams work closely and collaboratively to ensure every ministry at Life.Church has the creative resources they need to thrive. We know a brand is about more than colors and logos; it’s about building trust. That's why we are a laser-focused ministry that uses our creative gifts to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
What You’ll Do
- Define specific subjects and locations to meet the needs of the project.
- Determine the optimal environment for photos (lighting, camera settings, etc.).
- Capture and edit photos for the project.
- Responsible for properly saving, distributing, and archiving photos
- Collaborate with campus and Central teams to resource photography contractors and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a community for a team of photography contractors.
- Train contractors and volunteers on best practices and Life.Church branding guidelines.
- Coordinate contractors and volunteer photography efforts to ensure deliverables are being met.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and problem-solve with innovation.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills to foster partnerships.
- Effective at process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Strong understanding of how to edit photos using Photoshop and Lightroom.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.