Associate LifeKids Pastor
United States /
LifeKids – Campus LifeKids /
The Associate LifeKids Pastor is responsible for building a team that leads and executes LifeKids ministry by inspiring others to serve in LifeKids.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
Our children's ministry, LifeKids, provides relevant, age-appropriate learning and connection opportunities for kids from birth through 6th grade. LifeKids is dedicated to partnering with parents to help raise children to have a strong relationship with Christ.
The Associate LifeKids Pastor will also work with the LifeKids Pastor to foster an environment conducive to excellence and safety in the LifeKids ministry. Additionally, the Associate LifeKids Pastor will invest in the development and leadership of other LifeKids staff. Furthermore, this role will oversee volunteer orientation and training that includes appropriate placement of volunteers based on their personal gifts and passions.
What You'll Do
- Recruit people through the vision of LifeKids on the weekends.
- Make sure Leaders and rooms are set up and ready to serve on the weekends.
- Connect with LifeKids Leaders weekly via phone call or in-person.
- Help ensure the overall operations of the weekend are meeting all expectations.
- Oversee volunteer orientation and training that includes appropriate placement of volunteers.
- Maintain a positive LifeKids environment to establish excellence in the ministry.
- Communicate daily with the LifeKids Pastor.
- Balance tasks and relational aspects of the role.
- Work with the LifeKids Pastor to help reach all listed goals required.
- Lead day-to-day operations of the ministry.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Must exemplify a high level of passion for sharing LifeKids' vision with our community.
- Facilitate ongoing training and coaching for volunteers and LifeKids staff members.
- Ability to stay organized and can maintain administrative duties.
- Clearly understand all LifeKids programs and curriculums, systems and processes, policies and procedures related to volunteerism, partnering with parents, and Next Steps for families through the ministries of Life.Church.
- Knowledge of Rock, Planning Center, and Trello.
- Effective at conflict management, time management, and coaching skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Maintain composure during stressful situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Up to 12 months of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
At Life.Church, we are passionate about reaching more people in more communities. We hire new team members to begin their journey at an existing Life.Church location so they can learn the culture and systems of our church from experienced pastors already on the team. Our hope is, as we continue to launch new locations, we can send pastors who are ready to lead on day one because of what they’ve learned at an existing location in preparation.
Check out the list of current locations and the cities we’re exploring or considering for future locations. We’d love to discuss which locations you are interested in.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.