Director of Product
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Rock Development /
The Director of Product is primarily responsible for the vision and direction of Rock RMS, a data tool used by Life.Church.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Technology Solutions Team equips the Life.Church staff with the resources and technology that allow the team to know people, tell their stories, and invite others to use their gifts to build the church. We work to empower ministry through the use of technology.
The Director of Product is responsible for resourcing the organization with tools that enable growth and clarity on ministry next steps for attenders. This role will lead a team of Product and Site Reliability Engineers as well as a Product Manager.
What You'll Do
- Effectively set expectations for the team and communicate relevant information as needed.
- Lead with compassion and understanding – maintain an awareness of the team’s professional and personal lives to provide support and guidance when appropriate.
- Meet with direct reports to provide coaching, direction, or recognition as appropriate.
- Appropriately leverage team and/or individual strengths and seek to grow teams and improve on identified opportunities.
- Lead the team to work with volunteers effectively.
- Maintain, build, and evaluate ongoing contractor relationships bringing resources as needed for specified projects.
- Provide vision, direction, and resources for implementing strategies.
- Collaborate across multiple Life.Church teams to ensure the right initiatives are being resourced.
- Engage relationships with Spark, the team behind Rock RMS, to ensure alignment on ministry goals and outcomes are being met.
- Review team data and analytics around projects to track the success of existing projects and identify new opportunities.
- Manage and provide guidance in helping set and maintain the budget for the team.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster partnerships.
- Effective at process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.